Best 1M satellite for reception of the various non-UK channels

MindfulSat

Novice Member
Reaction score
What satélite is recommended or maybe you have a 1meter satélite and even better live in midlands and can recommend one.

I hear there are aluminium ones, is there a certain thing to look for that will be beneficial?

What "non-UK channels" in which satellite position do you require access to?

Upvote 0
What "non-UK channels" in which satellite position do you require access to?
I like to learn languages and had experience before with around 80cm dish and I think Triax 1.1M dish.
Mainly atm Spanish channels, I don’t know specifically the channels and satélites as I only had my motorised satellite a short time. Also learning German but Spanish is main I know with I got a few before which was nice as I wouldn’t have thought it would have made much difference but didn’t realise you need permission for 1.1M dish so just looking for 1M dish as rent and also. But yes just to gain maximum signal as I know 80-90cm to 110cm made a good difference. Seeing as 1M now though I thought I best not just buy any dish as some may have better reception.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have got a Triax 1.1M, I would just go for one of these

You could try a channel master 90cm if you feel so inclined

Upvote 0
Thanks I will try to find the triax 1M, I also found a gibertini XP 100, i will check availability and compare prices, thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the Gibertini dishes are pretty good historically

1.1M Triax may get you more sats if motorising it and I wouldnt envisage any issues with that

Channel master do a 1.2M you could probably "get away" with using

Upvote 0

Any antenna longer than 100 cm will need Planning permission (and may need it if other conditions / antennas dictate).
If in rented, Landlords permission also.

Surely foreign language / learning materials are readily available off the Interweb nowadays?

Upvote 0
...I only had my motorised satellite a short time.
Well that piece of information has added an extra layer of interest ;)

What gear have you got?

Upvote 0
Thanks

Any antenna longer than 100 cm will need Planning permission (and may need it if other conditions / antennas dictate).
If in rented, Landlords permission also.

Surely foreign language / learning materials are readily available off the Interweb nowadays?

Yes but the trouble is finding tv programes etc so you can start to grasp and in a enjoyable way what you learn. At the minute Netflix and YouTube are ok. However being able to schedule record and find enjoyable programes will be a benefit and it’s not much effort. Plus I like the sports and extra channels for instance I got some good US type tv programes before and even one great channel from Dubai which was interesting and high quality in English among the great German docu-series. So I’d rather have that functionality for a one time install.

I understand about permission I did it before without knowing then took it down when a i heard. However asked this time round, so 1M hopefully should be approved. If not I tried.

Upvote 0
Well that piece of information has added an extra layer of interest ;)

What gear have you got?
I had and might still a motor (techno mate M2 possibly). Combined with 80-90cm dish then 1.1M Triax but was short lived as I realised you need permissions. So took down for a while until I could be bothered with filling in permission form which is now, a year later. I’m lazy :/. Just I got rid of the dishes i think so just waiting for permission then hopefully i can get one of the Triax or gibertini ones but 1M sized.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom