Best 11" or under sub?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Reano, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I just won the Sunfire EQ 11"x11"x11" on eBay for £695 (yep £1000 less and yep a proper person going to pick up). Anyway due to space constraints I can't go much bigger than this. I have heard various rels (quake, 150, 201, etc), Mj Acoustics and Velodyne CHT12 and my current favourite the SPl800. Is the sunfire the best you can get for around that size? Maybe even up to 12" absolute max square!

I'm hoping you bass freaks (like me) will tell me I've got a good thing :cool: If not keep your opnions to yourself (kidding).

2. Member 96948

Member 96948
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,253
    You've just won the most dangerous quart in a pint pot sub currently available. If this is the limit of size you can accomodate, I can't think of anything that will get even close. Pure physics dictate it can't hit the really deep lows, but the Bob Carver designed Tracking Downconverter power supplied amp is a true wonder of modern electronics and can hit 2000 (yes two thousand )watts plus:eek: .
    Have a look here for the lowdown (pun intended)

Regards

Russell

3. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Excellent. Yeah I understand the limits but I think it will go low enough for me. The MJ and spl800 was giving me 'nearly' enough but as my signature states, when do you stop but at least the physical location forces me to stop :cool: