Best 11.6 - 12.1" laptop/netbook

mcnally32

Established Member
Reaction score
I've wrecked my head trying to find the best one. I've been looking at the asus 1215n but am slightly put off by the atom processor. I know its a big step up from the first gen single core atoms, but i can't help thinking i should be going for an i3 or i5.

I've been waiting on the lenovo u260 being released in the uk, its on their website but not available to buy yet, anyone know when?

Anyone got any other suggestions? I'm forced to get small and light due to my disability but I want it powerful too.

I've wrecked my head trying to find the best one. I've been looking at the asus 1215n but am slightly put off by the atom processor. I know its a big step up from the first gen single core atoms, but i can't help thinking i should be going for an i3 or i5.

I've been waiting on the lenovo u260 being released in the uk, its on their website but not available to buy yet, anyone know when?

Anyone got any other suggestions? I'm forced to get small and light due to my disability but I want it powerful too.

Lenovo IdeaPad U260 hands-on -- Engadget

I know I've seen a few people talking about acer timeline 8371 as a viable machine (strictly a business machine but good specs). It is 13.3" screen but I think it is still a light machine (1.6kg), not sure if the size would be too big for you?

Acer TravelMate 8371 LX.TTK0Z.001

In terms of performance on the asus 1215n there are a few youtube clips on it performing and the cpu seems to get a good write up for speed and performance.

I know I've seen a few people talking about acer timeline 8371 as a viable machine (strictly a business machine but good specs). It is 13.3" screen but I think it is still a light machine (1.6kg), not sure if the size would be too big for you?

Acer TravelMate 8371 LX.TTK0Z.001

In terms of performance on the asus 1215n there are a few youtube clips on it performing and the cpu seems to get a good write up for speed and performance.

Cheers for that, seems a decent machine but i'd like windows 7 and I see that only comes with xp.

I've checked out the 1215n and really like it, i'm just worried about the processor? Can't seem to find any answers as to how it rates against the celeron or pentium ULV processors. Or how it rates against the AMD k325 mobile processors.

Cheers for that, seems a decent machine but i'd like windows 7 and I see that only comes with xp.

I've checked out the 1215n and really like it, i'm just worried about the processor? Can't seem to find any answers as to how it rates against the celeron or pentium ULV processors. Or how it rates against the AMD k325 mobile processors.

The 1215n is meant to be much better than the old Single Core Atom's but its not as good as the Intel ULV's or the AMD chips, but I guess it depends what your wanting to do with it whether its worth the difference or not.

I've recently bought a Compaq Mini-311 which is 11.6" with the bog standard 1.6ghz atom and the Nvidia Ion GPU and found it to be brilliant for movies the internet and even gaming.

The only comparison I suppose you can do is on the reviews and compare the scores they get on the tests. I don't think it's a slouch as the cpu was designed for a desktop from what I've read.

Here's a review comparing some options:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=27135&page=3

Last edited:
The only comparison I suppose you can do is on the reviews and compare the scores they get on the tests. I don't think it's a slouch as the cpu was designed for a desktop from what I've read.

Here's a review comparing some options:
HEXUS.net - Review :: ASUS Eee PC 1215N netbook review : Page - 3/4

thanks for this, ive trailed the net but didnt find this, a big big help. i think i might go for the dell inspiron, seems the best mix of all them. then again its 500 quid, i could have the smallest macbook air from the states for 600, decisions decisions

I'd imagine an Inspiron would be far and away more powerful than the Macbook Air, but again it depends on what you intend your usage to be.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom