Best 1080p LCD for Wii and 360 -Lag Free!

M

mrcore64

Hi,
I'm lookin for a 1080p panel for around £1500 that I could play my wii and 360 on without having to suffer the effects of Lag from upscaling... Any recommendations?

Cheers:D

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an LCD TV now that has delay from upscaling - it's instantaneous from what I gather.

Deinterlacing on the other hand may have a tiny delay, but with almost all Wii games and all Xbox 360 ones supporting some form of Progressive display, you shouldn't have to worry :)

Cheers for that,
I see you got a Bravia, do you notice any Lag when playing 480p games on it? I was leaning towards getting a sony KDL40w2000, but I've heard some horror stories about all Bravia's suffering from bleeding backlights and cloudy patches. Do you notice any with yours?

I'm considering a 40W as well and am put off by the cloudy backlight problem. My 32V's backlighting is perfect and no, no lag at all on 480p or 480i.

Cheers for that,
I see you got a Bravia, do you notice any Lag when playing 480p games on it? I was leaning towards getting a sony KDL40w2000, but I've heard some horror stories about all Bravia's suffering from bleeding backlights and cloudy patches. Do you notice any with yours?

All Bravia's? Even the x series? I wanted to get 1, for my ps3 and x360.
Plus the x series on sd looked great. What else could I go for?

In defence for Bravia, there are quite a few of us who have bought the W range and have had a near perfect set, i.e. no dead pixels and very little back-light bleed. I for one can't notice it at all when watching something that is very dark. :thumbsup:

edit> for example Planet Earth yesterday, it had some scenes which were more or less comletely black.

what do you mean by lag?

do you mean unadded motion blur during fast panning scenes?

i don't know of any LCD that doesn't have motion blur during fast pans.

In defence for Bravia, there are quite a few of us who have bought the W range and have had a near perfect set, i.e. no dead pixels and very little back-light bleed. I for one can't notice it at all when watching something that is very dark. :thumbsup:

edit> for example Planet Earth yesterday, it had some scenes which were more or less comletely black.

How about motion blur, cause I would be using it for games alot.

How about motion blur, cause I would be using it for games alot.

If you can wait for around 2-3 weeks, I plan to get a a 360 then, I'll tell you how it goes.:D

Otherwise everyone on the W2000 thread seem very happy indeed with their 360.

If you can wait for around 2-3 weeks, I plan to get a a 360 then, I'll tell you how it goes.:D

Otherwise everyone on the W2000 thread seem very happy indeed with their 360.

sweet.
So what else problems are there suppose to be?
I went and saw the 52" x series, looks quite nice.

the W is the only sony that supports full 1080 over vga and even then thats unofficial support, so if it doesnt work you wont get support.

sharps would have been worth a look, but too many problems with banding and again no 1080 support on anything but hdmi.

You could consider the samsung F series at your budget and also many have found the gtvl42w1dhd a good option too for £900 (if you can find one), both do 1080 on vga and component, otherwise, may be worth waiting for the next wave of 1080 displays to come out.

sharps would have been worth a look, but too many problems with banding and again no 1080 support on anything but hdmi.

Banding only on 46" sets and it appears that some are coming through now that don't have any...

what do you mean by lag?

do you mean unadded motion blur during fast panning scenes?

i don't know of any LCD that doesn't have motion blur during fast pans.

i believe that mrcore64 is talking about signal lag. where there is a lag between the console's output and the actual showing of it on the screen.

Guitar Hero II has an option to sync up with laggy tvs.

Though I thought most technologies now (LCD, Plasma & beyond) lag and there isn't really anything being done in this area?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom