Best 1080p and 4K gaming projector

Nelchior

Novice Member
Reaction score
After spending days trying to make my mind with no success, I've decided to rely on the knowledgeable people of avforums...

I am in the market for a gaming projector (that still looks nice for movies) and I have very little knowledge in the field. I play from both a PS4pro and a high end computer (GTX 1080ti) and I am wondering if a projector is what I need. I should mention that I also watch an awful lot of movie, and would like to bring the movie theater experience to me room. I first wanted to try a 1080p projector, and if I am convinced, I would ship it back and acquire a 4k projector. Budget is up to 3000€

I have a few questions:
- My 4k tv can handle games at 4k 60Fps HDR, would that be the case on a projector?
- I have about 4meters (13inch) between the spot where the screen would go and my couch, does that mean I should stay away from short throw projectors and if so, is that a good thing?
-What would be the recommended screen size for such a distance? I couldn't find an answer to that.
- Do I have to make a compromise on the overall quality if I try to get a projector that works for games? Again here, I watch a lot of movies too..

I'm basically very comfused by the options. Also I need to take into consideration that a low input lag is recommended - though I don't do competitive gaming so I don't need the lowest input lag there is.

For 1080p projectors, I narrowed down my search to those two models:

Optoma GT1080Darbee Short Throw Gaming Projector
BenQ HT2150ST

for 4K:
Epson Home Cinema 5040UBe
Optoma UHD60 4K Ultra HD Home Theater Projector (better)

Do you have any recommendations? Anything I missed, any info I should consider before making my purchase? I would be very grateful if you could helpful, because this is all very confusing

Thanks in advance!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom