Question Best 1080p 3D projector with V Shift for £500-700 used?

justageezer

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a replacement for my trusty Sanyo Z4 720p pj. I'd like 1080p and 3D - but I also need decent vertical lens shift (so probably LCD not DLP). I use the pj for movies and gaming, and the latter sometimes involves standing / dancing (read: jerking like an idiot) in front of the screen, obviously without obscuring the picture.
The Z4 has about 100% vertical shift and a great zoom, so I can mount it about 8' high and about 11' from a 108" screen, and stand (jerk) in front of it without casting a shadow (and I'm over 6').
I'm not looking for a short-throw as I like the rear ceiling mount position and don't want leads running to e.g. a pj on my coffee table, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable unit (that does the same size picture at the same throw) for a reasonable price.
After several days reading reviews and specs I thought I'd just ask: does a pj like this even exist? I'd rather buy 2nd hand but the only model that would seem to fit my needs - Epson TW9000 - seems to go for over £800 used. Cheaper models do everything I'd want - except lens shift.
Am I just out of luck?
TIA,
Paul

Benq w1070 is roughly what you need.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom