Best 1080 component solution

lagigolo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a tv which seems to have a faulty hdmi socket, it has no dvi socket but does have component. This works fine as i have my old xbox going through it and this works nicely.

I would now like to plug in an hd virgin box also.

As i use the xbox regularly as a media player so looking for a solution which would mean not swapping cables around. So i could use 2 things through the component option.

Any ideas???

I've just had a quick look at the HD Virgin box and I don't think it supports component video. I think you may be stuck. You may want to confirm in your manual whether the Virgin box does component. You can convert HDMI to compnent but you'd be better spending your money on getting your HDMI fixed on your TV. HDMI (digital)>component (analogue) is normally expensive.

Some older SKy HD boxes had component out, but that probably doesn't help you.

Any ideas???
To buy receiver and plug both you devices there and TV to receiver's component "monitor out".

If HDMI on you TV is broken - probaly it's better to fix - not an expensive job.

Cheers, making slight progress here.

With hdmi cable only connected and virgin box rebooted, i get writing on tv from box.

It also shows me 576p on telly.
So it is showing something out of the hdmi socket.

But can't see nothing on the telly, jvc lt-37ds6 how to change it to 720 or 1080i.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom