Best £500 LCD TV

T

Tebbs

Hi lovely people, looking at getting a new telly! Have about £500 but wont pay more really, rather spend a bit less. Would like widescreen and HD capable would be nice (is over 1280 res always HD ready?) and would like over 20 inch screen. Whats best? I quite like the look of the samsung LE-23T51B but cant see much info on it.

Thanks all for your help

Andy

nick501

HD ready screens must have at least 720 vertical lines of resolution, have component and DVI/HDMI inputs for a start...there are probably other requirments but i am not sure what they are.

If you could stretch a bit more with your $$$ (as always, lol) you could get yourself a nice 26"/27" HD ready from many of the 'brand name' manufacturers.

I have a toshiba 27wl56 and alot of people on here like the samsungs.

Happy hunting!

T

Tebbs

Cheers Nick, as always 500 quid is pushing it anyway :D Will look for those stats on the HDTV front, spose I need to get out there and have a look at the screens. they all look crap in the stores though, i guess theyre feeding from crap sources with loads of interference as Im always underawed. What do you think of your toshiba?

Parklife

Just picked up a Samsung LE23R41B at the weekend and I am very impressed by the picture quality even feeding it my Sky through RF. RGB through scart looks very good. Not had a chance to try component yet. There are not many 23" screens around and it is a bargin compared to everything else I have seen.

It does not have HDMI or DVI so is not HD ready, but personally I don't think you would get the true benefit of HD on a set this small.

One annoying thing is the red stanby light does not turn off, without turning off at the mains!!!

nick501

I am pretty impressed with my tosh actually. But i only use it for dvd and games...never tried normal telly as yet.

T

Tebbs

thank you all, will have a look around, and try and get me a good deal!

Top Bottom