Best £500-£600 mini DV Camcorder ?

M

mwhorley

My Mate has asked advice on a £500-£600 digi camcorder, he reckons his choice is :-

Options:
Canon MV5i
Sony DCR-PC8
JVC...
Panasonic GS4

Size is issue.

What would people recommend or are others worth considering ?

Cheers,
Mike.

J

jk23

PC8 - Great versatility, very small and (IMHO)great picture quality.

The best investment i haver made - Coupled with Adobe Premier and Studio 8.1 it's great!! Only paid £650 for it as well inc FOC delivery ;)

JK23

Just bought my Mum a Pana GS1 - £425 from www.letsgodigital.co.uk. Excellent picture quality and nice size.

I have a Sony IP5 and to be honest I think the pana is a great buy compared to the Sony - and it's not much bigger.

Hold on a minute..... re-reading my post above it sounds like I'm putting the IP5 down - I'm not, it's a beautiful bit of kit. I'm bringing the GS1 up:)

MARKMAN

Standard Member
Why not get the Panasonic GS5 - I got a price of £579 from letsgodigital but they were out of stock, LCE then price matched this for me. I saw the same model in Jessops today for £849:eek:

Mark.balcombe

I am thinking of getting the GS5, is £579 the best price? Was going to purchase from letsgodigital, who are LCE?

Can you provide me a web address?

Thanks,

MARKMAN

Standard Member
Originally posted by Mark.balcombe
I am thinking of getting the GS5, is £579 the best price? Was going to purchase from letsgodigital, who are LCE?

Can you provide me a web address?

Thanks,

LCE = London Camera Exchange.

I'm from Yorkshire, but I rang them on 023 8033 5363 and asked them for their best deal on a GS5. The guy came back with £599 + delivery, I told him I had been quoted £579 inc. delivery from Letsgodigital and he price matched. The guy I spoke to was called Stuart.

D

drewboy

I can also recommend the GS5. I've had mine for about 4 months now and really like it. It's very easy to hold, all the main buttons are in the right places. Picture quality is very impressive.
The only downside, is that I wish it had built in flash. I know it's not designed to be a stills camera but taking photos indoors with poor light is a big no-no.

If you buy one, you won't be dissapointed.

Regards,
Drewboy.:p

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom