Best £300 Dolby Atmos Soundbar?

hoisin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Help

I’m looking for a Dolby Atmos Soundbar around the £300 mark. I know this won’t offer a true atmos experience but I am doing this on a budget.

Most manufacturers have entry level bars at this price point, but without hearing them I don’t know which to pick.

Suggestions really welcome. Thanks everyone

Hi,

It's not Atmos, so maybe not what you are looking for. But I recently got the Sonos Beam partnered with an LG OLED. You can add surrounds later and it's really decent for the physical size and cost. I'm not sure you will find anything with Atmos for that budget.

Hi,

It's not Atmos, so maybe not what you are looking for. But I recently got the Sonos Beam partnered with an LG OLED. You can add surrounds later and it's really decent for the physical size and cost. I'm not sure you will find anything with Atmos for that budget.
Thanks Jon. It’s the Sonos ARC I’d want ideally but that’s way over budget. I’d like a separate sub included too.

Hi, for Atmos and an included subwoofer the Sony HTG700 isn't a bad shout and gets good reviews. Currently on sale for £299 although one retailer on a certain auction site (sorry first post so not sure on forum rules for posting all the details!) is part of the current 15% off deal (code BAG15OFF) drops it to £254.15

Hi, for Atmos and an included subwoofer the Sony HTG700 isn't a bad shout and gets good reviews. Currently on sale for £299 although one retailer on a certain auction site (sorry first post so not sure on forum rules for posting all the details!) is part of the current 15% off deal (code BAG15OFF) drops it to £254.15
thanks for responging. you know what, I actually ordered the Sony HTG700 but saw a couple of bad independent reviews on YouTube and cancelled. Why is it we can believe 2 bad reviews over 8 good ones??

In the end, I have spent a little more and ordered a Samsung Q70T for £372. It's well reviewed and given me the option of adding rears.

Last edited:
I seemed to spend ages deciding and originally opted for a Q70T last week, seeing the price you mention probably from the same seller via Amazon? Mine was atrocious with no bass from subwoofer or bar, overall not a lot better than my non dolby atmos soundbar. The seller collected and has refunded despite claiming it worked ok because the blue light on subwoofer was lit. I must have been unlucky and had a faulty one though because it gets plenty of good reviews. I got a Q800T at the weekend which I'm very impressed with and if your Q70T is anything like it you'll be happy.

I seemed to spend ages deciding and originally opted for a Q70T last week, seeing the price you mention probably from the same seller via Amazon? Mine was atrocious with no bass from subwoofer or bar, overall not a lot better than my non dolby atmos soundbar. The seller collected and has refunded despite claiming it worked ok because the blue light on subwoofer was lit. I must have been unlucky and had a faulty one though because it gets plenty of good reviews. I got a Q800T at the weekend which I'm very impressed with and if your Q70T is anything like it you'll be happy.
Thanks for writing. sorry you had pain with your Q70T (was it from Electrical Experience via Amazon?). I just spent a while getting mine configured and managed to get my PS5 running a Blu-Ray in Atmos through it and am really pleased with the results - plenty of bass and immersion.

Glad you're happy in the end with your Q800T! Are you going to get rears?

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for writing. sorry you had pain with your Q70T (was it from Electrical Experience via Amazon?). I just spent a while getting mine configured and managed to get my PS5 running a Blu-Ray in Atmos through it and am really pleased with the results - plenty of bass and immersion.

Glad you're happy in the end with your Q800T! Are you going to get rears?
Yes it was from them, they sent DPD to collect next day which was great but didn’t really test it, hooked it up and as subwoofer had a blue light wanted to send it back. They refunded me though, definitely faulty as there was no bass at all from subwoofer and hardly any from soundbar even when I’d turned it up to full. Really happy with the Q800T, I could tell as soon as I switched it on the difference between this and faulty Q70T. I’m not getting rears, happy with sound anyway but our sofa is against the wall.
I’m glad you’re happy and got a working one.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yes it was from them, they sent DPD to collect next day which was great but didn’t really test it, hooked it up and as subwoofer had a blue light wanted to send it back. They refunded me though, definitely faulty as there was no bass at all from subwoofer and hardly any from soundbar even when I’d turned it up to full. Really happy with the Q800T, I could tell as soon as I switched it on the difference between this and faulty Q70T. I’m not getting rears, happy with sound anyway but our sofa is against the wall.
I’m glad you’re happy and got a working one.
I probably got your one! Perhaps they were seconds or refurbs (at that price)

thanks for responging. you know what, I actually ordered the Sony HTG700 but saw a couple of bad independent reviews on YouTube and cancelled. Why is it we can believe 2 bad reviews over 8 good ones??

In the end, I have spent a little more and ordered a Samsung Q70T for £372. It's well reviewed and given me the option of adding rears.
I had to eat humble pie, the Sony G700 is atrocious. You will see my posts on this forum about the hate that grew for the Sony. Returned it for a refund at John Lewis. Ended up getting the Samsung HW-Q900T for £399. Superb soundbar and sub.

Last edited:
I had to eat humble pie, the Sony G700 is atrocious. You will see my posts on this forum about the hate that grew for the Sony. Returned it for a refund at John Lewis. Ended up getting the Samsung HW-Q900T for £399. Superb soundbar and sub.
Wow, what a great find for £399! Did you do a money back when you bought a tv? Slightly jealous!

Wow, what a great find for £399! Did you do a money back when you bought a tv? Slightly jealous!
It was a currys offer they had in May. There was a £400 code off loophole posted on hotukdeals.If you bought any TV, the code could be applied. But you could buy the Samsung frame tv 32" plastic surround, then add items to basket and code could be applied. So it cost £468 for me, then returned the frame for a refund. So it was £399 in the end.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom