1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best £200 28" Widescreen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Stereo Steve, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Any ideas for a super budget 28". Need one for my office for a year while I'm deciding which LCD to buy. I figure the price of LCD's will fall at least £200 in that time and I'll get £130 back for it in the freeads.

Seen that Naiko one at Safeway but are there any other super deals out there? Just need one RGB scart and it must be silver. Looks are important.

Must be very close to £200.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    £200 is not a lot of money for a 28"WS why not look in freeads for one? or just buy an LCD now and enjoy it!

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I know it's not a lot but it's only to have Bloomberg on in my office and also to blat Georgian Rebels on Xbox Live. I have heard mention of a 32" set for £250 in supermarkets.

The problem is that I can't make up my mind which LCD I want. The idea was to get one and move the Sony 24" to the office and then get a proper projector setup going with the screen coming down over the LCD.

But I'm thinking I'll just stick with the Sony for a while longer as LCD's are getting cheaper and cheaper and I may end up getting a 30" for a grand in 8 months time.

So, I would rather buy a cheap, new set for the office and flog it after a year so it's always in warranty. I know I could get a decent Tosh second-hand for around 250 but I have bad luck with tellys and end up spending £100 a go getting them fixed.

PQ in the office is really not that important.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i that case mate tesco and makro as well as lidl and aldi maybe the places too look.
    30" LCD £1000 in 8 months??? I personally doubt it as the major players still have 2-3 years left in thier CRT plants to let CRT production cease. One reason Sharp are so good with LCD is that they pioneered it and their CRT plant reached the end of its life just in time for LCD to take off so they built a lovely new plant to build em. Panasonic, sony, phillips and tosh still have major crt plants to run!