Bespoke Offers - Beat My Price

Sarah7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks like the same basic idea as flubit:

https://www.bespokeoffers.co.uk/consumer/beatmyprice/

As a test, I just asked them to beat Amazon's £55.67 price for the Bond 50 BD set. Now watching my inbox to see what happens; it takes up to 48 hours for them to respond with an offer.

Bespoke Offers is part of Barclaycard, a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC.

I just asked them to beat Amazon's £55.67 price for the Bond 50 BD set.

Received offer £47.52 (14.6% discount) supplied by HMV & Xtra-vision Entertainment Limited.

Nice try, however I wouldn't go near that company with a barge pole!

An update to this, I used this last weekend to buy a Sony soundbar and saved £22 on the Amazon price.
The bizarre thing is though it was delivered from Amazon, the receipt says it has been billed to the merchant at the higher price. So no idea how they have made any money on this deal if they are buying from Amazon at a higher price than I am being charged.

Received within 5 days which wasn't bad. Could have done with some communication as to when it was coming though, but overall reasonably happy with the experience

I did another shiny disc demand too, which again resulted in a bespoke offer supplied by HMV & Xtra-vision Entertainment Limited and a saving that was less than the P&P.

Also tried Family Guy Top Trumps which is a £2.99 third party add-on item at Amazon and got back a higher bespoke offer due to them picking up Amazon's own higher price to beat and again also P&P added on top.

So yep much like flubit they could be useful, although it depends somewhat on the type, price and retailer of the item.

Thanks, I will be giving this a try for sure :)

Bewitched (Complete Seasons 1-8) [35xDVD] £24.96 delivered (12.5% discount) supplied by Fireworks Merchant Limited

Think this removes any doubt that the Bespoke Offers - Beat My Price service is provided by flubit. It's also a better offer than I received from flubit directly!

I recently placed an order from Bespoke but ive had no communication from them.. The deal was via Fireworks Merchant.. has anyone else had 0 updates and then the item just turn up?

I suspect that might happen with this...

I recently placed an order from Bespoke but ive had no communication from them.. The deal was via Fireworks Merchant.. has anyone else had 0 updates and then the item just turn up?

I suspect that might happen with this...

Yeah, communication is zero with these people. Your order will probably come from Amazon, mine did but was done through Fireworks. It usually comes quick but you get no communication at all.

That makes me feel a lot better about the situation. I did panic slightly about it all but I did email bespoke in the end to see what was happening.

I did too. Surely something must be twigging with someone at Bespoke that their communication is crap.

Funnily enough Item turned up today :) Pretty happy with the service overall, the lack of communication did leave me hanging a little. But in reality if I wanted it within a set time and great service maybe I wouldn't be using Bespoke and instead going direct and paying more?

Either way its here now and I am chuffed.

Hi All,

I think I read somewhere that even though you may pay via CC, you may actually lose the protection a CC offers due to the way this Bing thing is set-up which kind of put me off! Not sure though so maybe someone can add input if true?

Suave!

Hi All,

I think I read somewhere that even though you may pay via CC, you may actually lose the protection a CC offers due to the way this Bing thing is set-up which kind of put me off! Not sure though so maybe someone can add input if true?

Suave!

No idea what you mean, Bing thing?

Sorry, still no idea what you are on about! :)

When I made my purchase using beat my price, it had nothing to do with Bing. Any purchase you make with your credit card will have the protection?

Strange move that. Especially as just last week they sent out an email with a major questionnaire on their service. I guess they got a load of negative responses to it!

Back to Flubit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom