Berb - time for Ferie to admit he made a mistake?

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fergie paid £31.75million for the striker, yet failed to play him in the biggest game they have played in years.

Does this admit that Fergie made a huge mistake?

He is a very stubborn man and will probably never admit it, just like the money he wasted on Veron.

I agree RMCF - he has been terrible all season. People say that his first touch is sublime, which it can be - but combine this with an inability to score and a lack of desire to chase anything more than 10 yards away from him - and it is not good enough. I too think we need to take it on the chin and offload him.

He was well overpriced but I wouldn't offload him. Still a quality player & fits in pretty well when United need to change things (last night aside). United don't play like the traditional 4-4-2 line up he's probably used to, their 2 roaming players score most the goals. But if Ronaldo is sold this summer United will have to change their system a little & I think you'll see alot more from Berbatov.

I agree RMCF - he has been terrible all season. People say that his first touch is sublime, which it can be - but combine this with an inability to score and a lack of desire to chase anything more than 10 yards away from him - and it is not good enough. I too think we need to take it on the chin and offload him.

totally agree - even the wife said last night that he was a total and utter waste of time.

Get shot of him and get Bemzema from PSG.

I think Benzema plays for Lyon, but that doesn't really matteer.
I agree with everyone that he hasn't been very good and has not justifyed his price and place. I would have tevez all day long ahead of him

the issue is that he was used to playing alongside someone that would do all the running for him and its because he isn't playing as part of front 2 that he hasn't done much.

ahh i remember the same arguments about a certain Andy Cole, who certainly proved his doubters wrong the next season! I think we need to give Berbatov another year, the first one, like Cole, was spent adapting to being in a team who play football, rather than constantly feed a target man.

I agree RMCF - he has been terrible all season. People say that his first touch is sublime, which it can be - but combine this with an inability to score and a lack of desire to chase anything more than 10 yards away from him - and it is not good enough.

Maybe Berbatov should take a look at Anelka...I've not seen a more transformed player from what he used to be. He's very much a team-player now - I never thought I'd say that!

I think Benzema plays for Lyon, but that doesn't really matteer.
I agree with everyone that he hasn't been very good and has not justifyed his price and place. I would have tevez all day long ahead of him

thanks for the correction:D- still hung over from last night!

ahh i remember the same arguments about a certain Andy Cole, who certainly proved his doubters wrong the next season! I think we need to give Berbatov another year, the first one, like Cole, was spent adapting to being in a team who play football, rather than constantly feed a target man.

Very true. I haven't been pleased with Berba's performances this season but the next one could be a blinder for him.

I agree with the post about Berba being a player who needs a second striker to play alongside.

I also agree that we've seen a transformation in Anelka, but he had made alot of mistakes in the past and was far too lazy so now perhaps he realises this the last big club he plays for so is pulling his finger out?

I honestly cannot see Berbatov scoring 15+ goals next season. I'd have Tevez over him any day.

Did you not hear? Its because he makes it all look so easy that you Man Utd fans get the wrong idea

:devil:

i think berbas touch and assists are next to none
yeah he dont score but what he does is majestic
if we sell C ronaldo i think we should try getting kaka :) and possibly moutinho :)

Oh and the reason why united lost last night
it wasnt the tactics, it was our key man Darren Fletcher was missing ;)

Barca had 3 defenders out, so what could have been is something that can only be answered by the stars

I am a little bemused by people talking about Berbatov not running around chasing for the ball and harrying defenders. Did they not see him at Spurs? Or forget this is the same guy who was so unprofessional he refused to play for the team that was paying his wages in order to get a move to Man Utd?

if we sell C ronaldo i think we should try getting kaka :) and possibly moutinho :)

Too late on Kaka - watch this space, he'll be unveiled at his new team next Thursday (along with a new manager)

Key man??? :rotfl:

Having watched the game, I honestly don't think that having Fletcher would have made a blind bit of difference. Barcelona were without 3 first choice defenders and had Iniesta and Henry just back from injuries, and whilst I thought that would work in Man U's favours it didn't.

Fletcher has been a good player this season, but he hasn't carried the team and it's not as if Man U don't have a enough quality throughout to compensate for his absence, they don't have to play players out of position to accommodate for that either.

Last edited:
Fergie paid £31.75million for the striker, yet failed to play him in the biggest game they have played in years.

Does this admit that Fergie made a huge mistake?

He is a very stubborn man and will probably never admit it, just like the money he wasted on Veron.

Funny how Berbatov (14 goals in 45 appearances) is seen as a flop by many, whereas Tevez (15 goals in 51 appearances) is seen as the best thing since sliced bread.

Running about a bit doesn't make Tevez any better than Berbatov, just different.

In terms of goals vs games, the Bulgarian is the more prolific.

Too late on Kaka - watch this space, he'll be unveiled at his new team next Thursday (along with a new manager)

portsmouth?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom