1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beovision 3

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pips, Apr 29, 2003.

1. pips

pips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some time ago I asked for help between Beovision 3 and Articos. Got some decent and some nonsens answers. This is my conclusion after a lot of research
    After having checked out the Loewes, the Philips, the Sonys,the Panasonics etc. I finally settled with the Beovision3. I find the picture amazing. The colours, the detail and most of the NATURALNESS. All other screens scream at you like a blow-torch. This one just is. I have a 5 year old who the other day spontaneusly said after visiting some friends that she much rather wants to watch our TV, because the other ones make her eyes so tired. How´s that for a review!
    It all comes down to taste, but when I see a film I want it to look like a film, and so far the Beovision 3 does the job better than any other TV I´ve seen.

2. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi pips,
    A few questions if I may.
    What colour have you got the surround in?
    What type of setup do you have on the Beovision 3.
    Have you got the built in DD module?
    And what stand did you go for?

Cheers

3. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    you got a good tv there.
    but i must ask of the difference you saw between the b&o and the articos.
    i picked the articos for much the same reasons you bought the b&o.i thought the picture on the whole was better,not much in it.
    tell me what you see.

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Ive seen all the tvs beo 3 , fq80, panasonics and philips and for me the jvc with dist is the way forward. Dvd on pro scan is like ciniema quality. the beo 3 has amazing colour and the styling is nice but it is a bit costly. I havent seen a sharper picture yet than the jvc. But the bottom line is to be happy with what you got!!

5. pips

pips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can agree that the we are talking about small differences. I personally like the contrast screen which the Beo has. First I was a bit sceptical. The picture seemed so dark compared to the other ones, but when I suddenly ( when I went to the movies) realized that the other screens where exagerating the picture, while the Beo was striving for natural light I decided that was for me. I went to a shop and compared it with the Philips Pixel Plus. The salesman was standing between the two TV:s. In the Beo he could have been participating in the debate, while the other was totally unnatural. Blow-torch. I then bought the Beo with the black frame, so my focus is on the screen. (I hope this ridicolous mode of silver TV:s soon is history. What a stupid idea surrounding the screen with competitive light.) I also appreciatede that the Beo has no logos or other distractive nonsens.

6. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    pips,
    Im glad youre happy with your B&O tv!
    You should be, it costs enough!! :eek:

I went to Selfridges in London and compared the it to the Articos.
    There wasnt much in it picture wise, but for me the Articos just edged it in the picture quality department and walked all over the B&O in the tech specs! PIP, PAP, larger teletex memory, etc..
    The anti reflective screen came as standard on the Articos but is an optional extra on the B&O.
    Sound quality on the Articos is also better, although this is not an issue if you are running the set through a true AV amp or processor.

All this and a more reasonable price tag meant that the Articos won hands down for me.

If you have really looked at the Loewe Articos against the likes of Panny, Sony and Phlilips, how could you say that they all have a "blow torch" kind of picture?
    Most if not all people tend to say that the Loewe picture is different, love it or hate it, its certainly not the same as the other manufacturers you mention.
    Many people have made the same comments about Loewe sets as you have made about the B&O, i.e. darker picture or not as bright. Thats because its natural and not processed looking.
    So, by all means, please tell us how excellent the B&O is, but don't paint the Articos with the same brush as the others!! :nono:

Rant over!!! :p

7. pips

pips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    True.Wrong of me.It differs from the rest. One problem for me with the other TV:s (including Articos) is the shape of the TV. Most look like silver-containers.Clumsy. Some like, the Articos; have a beautiful frontdesign but, they haven´t solved the backside. The only one ,in my taste, who has solved this is the Beo where they put the electronics under the TV and therefore could make it slimmer. Concerning the possibility to play around with the TV , I agree that the Beo is more limited. Actually you can´t do much more than adjust the picture and sound and that´s it.But there are ways of getting at the heart of it´s system if you really want to. I peronally felt no need to muck around inside the TV. I work as a video-editor and documentary-filmer and have enough of playing around with machines. I just one a TV that does the job as good as possible.

8. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    pips,
    Not sure what you mean when you say that Beo 3 is slimmer than the Articos?
    The Beo 3 is a larger set in every way!
    Beo 3 - W96 x H77 x D58
    Articos - W86 x H65 x D57.5

If you are talking about the way the Beo 3 slopes downwards at the top and inwards at the sides, well I think you'll find the Articos has this as well! Loewe probably copied certain aspects of B&O design.

I do agree that most other sets look very boxy at the back.

Can you clear something up for me?
    Does the Beo 3 have two RGB capable scart sockets?
    I asked the rep in Selfridges but he wasnt sure.

What stand did you choose?

9. pips

pips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Three scarts. No stand-don´t like them. And looks of-course comes down to taste, but the way they´ve managed to slope the Beo inwards gives it a lightness, almost as if it was hanging in pure air, which I like.I´ve also noticed that this "airy" feeling differs depending upon what colour you chose on the screen. The worst I´m afraid is the black which I have, but the black does so much extra to the picture so I chose it anyway. Might get a "party-colour" like yellow or red someday. The only thing I could wish for now was that the TV-programs where as good as the set. Be it Beo or Loewe.

10. pips

pips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Three scarts. No stand-don´t like them. And looks of-course comes down to taste, but the way they´ve managed to slope the Beo inwards gives it a lightness, almost as if it was hanging in pure air, which I like.I´ve also noticed that this "airy" feeling differs depending upon what colour you chose on the screen. The worst I´m afraid is the black which I have, but the black does so much extra to the picture so I chose it anyway. Might get a "party-colour" like yellow or red someday. The only thing I could wish for now was that the TV-programs where as good as the set. Be it Beo or Loewe.

11. jeroen999

jeroen999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello cab anyone help me?

I now have a Vitros (Q24 chassis).
    I want to buy a new one ,I can choose between the articos and the aconda.
    I read a review about the aconda in the h T C that wasn't so good ,And I know the aconda and the articos use the same Q25 chassis.
    Is the Articos FAR better? and do you know how it was tested in de HTC? I just missed this one ?

Hope you can help me !

kind regards jeroen

12. irish boy

irish boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeron

I have a Articos now for 3 months and i am very happy with it .As for a Review if possible check it out yourself as it will be you that buys +watches the tv.Try the search on this forum to check out what they say over the Aconda+Articos my opion is that they are both very good.

Irish Boy

13. jeroen999

jeroen999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you not find it strange that the....contrast wil be less when watching in the dark en more in the daylight .
    is this not irritating?

14. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I take it you are refering to
    ;)

15. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned: