Beolit 15 tech help

KrumZ

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, I joined to try find someone who may be able to help me.
I know it is probably bit vague but I am no tech expert but I am reasonably handy at fixing things in general.
I have a beolit 15 Bluetooth speaker which I love, for what it is it suits me brilliant, my partner lent the speaker to her sister and when it was returned later it would not charge,power on or do anything really.
I have stripped all boards out and inspected them mm by mm and can see no shorts, arcs, damage, anything. All connections are tight and secure and everything looks perfect.
Unfortunately my multimeter is busy so I can't do any continuity checks but I don't think that's an issue.
It runs a 7.2v 2200 mah battery and my main guess is it's went dead and they have just kept trying to turn it on until the battery was completely dead. I think lipo batteries once flat are difficult to get charge in but not sure if this is the same with a LI-ION?
Does anyone know if when the battery goes kaput on these if they would work off the mains feed on it's own or would it charge the battery and use the battery voltage to run the system while charging? My thoughts are the latter.
I did get a few seconds with the control lights glowing dimly at one stage but that is it.
Sorry for the vague post but this is getting quite frustrating now and any piece of advise is appreciated.
Thanks.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom