Benq W2700 - Fan noise vs Keystone

Bman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just ordered the w2700 to replace the w1070 projector that I'm using for the last 5 years.
The distance between my floor and the ceiling is about 3 meters, and up until now, the w1070 was installed very close to the ceiling, so I had you use keystone to align the image.
So at a distance of about 1.7 meters above my head, the fan noise of the w1070 is still noticeable in quiet scenes, but I learned to live with it.

For the w2700, I thought of lowering the projector a full meter down, in order to avoid using the keystone, but I'm afraid that the fan noise would be unbearable.

Does anyone else had this dilemma and would like to share his thoughts on the matter?

Hi, I just ordered the w2700 to replace the w1070 projector that I'm using for the last 5 years.
The distance between my floor and the ceiling is about 3 meters, and up until now, the w1070 was installed very close to the ceiling, so I had you use keystone to align the image.
So at a distance of about 1.7 meters above my head, the fan noise of the w1070 is still noticeable in quiet scenes, but I learned to live with it.

For the w2700, I thought of lowering the projector a full meter down, in order to avoid using the keystone, but I'm afraid that the fan noise would be unbearable.

Does anyone else had this dilemma and would like to share his thoughts on the matter?

Don't use keystone since it will degrade the image.

Get a projector with lens shift or build a hush box.

Ok, Canceled the order for the w2700.
So my option for a proper 4k/60hz PJ with a significant lens shift option is the BenQ W5700 or the Epson 9400, right?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom