Benq w2700 & chromatic aberration / Color fringing

Hardcorz

HI all,

Firstly Id like to say this forum has been extremely helpful in my quest for knowledge around Home theatre,

I recently got the Benq w2700 and compared to my old Benq (w1200, 2013 model) I noticed it is not anywhere as sharp due to the color bleed (blue), expecially around text and lines on the image. I have compared my image with a friend who has the same model PJ, but on a slightly smalleer screen and they have the same issue.

*Picture attached

It isnt too noticable from viewing distance, but I would have thought it would be similar in sharpness to my old 1080p Benq from 7 years ago.
I am aware it is often due to having a wide angel , I have tried different image sizes to check for this but it doesntr have much impact, I currently have it mounted around 5meters back from the screen, which is 150' .

I know some will say it is to be expected in this price bracket, but coming from a 7yo PJ which was pin perfect (And of the same pricepoint at its time), it immediatly stuck out at me.

Does anyone have the same issue and if yes have you found any workarounds? Either way I will live with it :) as the color and HDR is still amazing.

Attachments

• color fringing example benq w2700.jpg
    color fringing example benq w2700.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 79

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom