BENQ W2700 - Black Bar/Box on bottom of image

Corza77

Novice Member
Hello everyone

First time poster here. I have had the BenQ w2700 for approx 6 months and have started experiencing an image related issue. Intermittently, when l turn the projector on for use there is a black bar that runs the length of image. (Pics Attached) The only way to fix the issue is to power off the projector, remove the power cable and then power back on.

I've placed a warranty call on the projector with BenQ, but am keen to understand what the root cause of the fault is. If anyone else has experienced this issue l'd been keen to get your feedback
20210715_172454.jpg

Attachments

• 20210715_172600.jpg
    20210715_172600.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210715_172351.jpg
    20210715_172351.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 34

nadg63

Hello everyone

First time poster here. I have had the BenQ w2700 for approx 6 months and have started experiencing an image related issue. Intermittently, when l turn the projector on for use there is a black bar that runs the length of image. (Pics Attached) The only way to fix the issue is to power off the projector, remove the power cable and then power back on.

I've placed a warranty call on the projector with BenQ, but am keen to understand what the root cause of the fault is. If anyone else has experienced this issue l'd been keen to get your feedbackView attachment 1542538
This is a well known issue with the W2700. Mine had a similar problem except the black bar only went approx a third of the way across! I sent my unit back to BenQ Aus, who 'fixed' it, and all was fine for a while but then it came back! :(

In the end I had other really annoying issues that started appearing on the PJ so exchanged it on a W5700.

Have you tried HDMI port 2 - as that is what BenQ will ask you to do!

Good luck

Corza77

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply nadg63. BenQ have approved a warranty repair , so l will go through that process. I will try HDMI2, but noticed with nothing plugged into either HDMI and just displaying an image with no source the issue was there. So assume this might be a motherboard issue?

nadg63

Thanks for the reply nadg63. BenQ have approved a warranty repair , so l will go through that process. I will try HDMI2, but noticed with nothing plugged into either HDMI and just displaying an image with no source the issue was there. So assume this might be a motherboard issue?
With mine I believe they did replace the HDMI board - but as I mentioned above after a short while the issue did return :(

Hope you have a better outcome.

markie4tv8699

I found I got this bar if I turned on the projector first then the amp and sources, since I started switching on the sources first I have had no problems.

nadg63

I found I got this bar if I turned on the projector first then the amp and sources, since I started switching on the sources first I have had no problems.
Now you mention it that was the general scenario when mine played up, PJ on first, Rx/source afterwards - eventually it did escalate as mentioned before.

Corza77

Novice Member
Thanks for the suggestion, lve added a delay to my startup sequence via Harmony Hub. 5 second delay between AV Receiver powering on and the projector starting. On first test is appears to have worked , but this issue has been intermittent. Will continue to test during lockdown :)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom