• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Benq W2000 worth the £200+ over W1070

Gareth4015

Standard Member
I know the Benq w1070 comparisons have been done to death, and I was all for getting either the 1070 or 1070+ in the January sales, but then the W2000 has come out and upset the applecart! Is the extra worth it over the w1070 and as the W1070+ and the W2000 are very similarly priced which one has the edge?

Many thanks in advance for anybody's insights

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
The w1070 is an excellent projector except:

Noisy
Poor contrast
Poor lens (struggles to focus the full image area and quite severe chromatic abberation)

At the price it sells at, it's still fantastic value for money - I bought 4 for work.

The w2000 will hardly fix the contrast but if it is quieter and with a better lens, then it probably be worth the extra. I've not seen it though so I don't know the answers.

Gareth4015

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. I've been checking the web and unfortunately the W2000 doesn't seem to be featuring in any sales, I guess it's too new a model, (£750 at RS). The W1070 is £470 at RS but I think I will require just a touch of keystone correction when used in the living room so I'll need the W1070+ which is £600. I'm willing to pay the extra for the W2000, but only if there is some improvement over the other model.

Will have to stop deliberating soon and bite the bullet as I'm itching to re watch some of my film collection on the big screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom