Benq W2000 question

mrswarbouys

Novice Member
Hi All, im looking for some friendly advice please. I have a Benq W2000 which I have noticed is displaying some dust spots. I have only had it for about 9 months and use maybe once or twice a week to watch a movie. it's used in a small room which is only used for this purpose and kept clean. So my query is do you think im entitled to return it under warrenty for Benq to sort out and in fact what would they do? If they cleaned the lens would that just mean the problem would soon repeat it self in time or is there something they can do to maybe filter dust specs entering the unit.
Any thought please and thanx in advance.

noob0101

Hi All, im looking for some friendly advice please. I have a Benq W2000 which I have noticed is displaying some dust spots. I have only had it for about 9 months and use maybe once or twice a week to watch a movie. it's used in a small room which is only used for this purpose and kept clean. So my query is do you think im entitled to return it under warrenty for Benq to sort out and in fact what would they do? If they cleaned the lens would that just mean the problem would soon repeat it self in time or is there something they can do to maybe filter dust specs entering the unit.
Any thought please and thanx in advance.

DLPs are less likely to get dust blobs, the light tunnel is not 100% sealed. Benq does offer a service to clean the projector for a fee, so I don't know if it's covered by warranty. You could ask.

There are no filters you can buy, and if one is installed it would work against the projector cooling.

The good news is that after the warranty period is over you can clean it yourself.

Just don't try to blow compressed air into it or clean the outside of the lens.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom