BenQ w1720 and w2700 projectors, help deciding.

Broadsword

Hello all. I’m trying to find the differences between these two projectors but info seems to be thin on the ground regarding the w1720.

I have a dedicated room which can take around 100” to 120” screen and is 3.9m from front to back and 3.3m wide, 2.3m height. Seating distance will be 2.5m from screen. Nothing is installed yet. I can control the light through the window but would rather not paint the room black and cover the walls in Devore if possible.

The w2700 is around £500 more than the w1720 But I can’t seem to work out if it’s worth the extra or not. My budget is stretched as it is and the extra saving would be appreciated but if there are compelling reasons for the w2700 then it’s fine.

I have considered the Optoma uhd30 and uhd42 but the better colour is appealing on the Benq.

I have an old Sanyo z2000 and I’m hoping for a noticeable upgrade from that. If there’s any other 4k units I should look at?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Broadsword

Found the English versions of the reviews right at the end of the french ones.

So it seems all of these have their issues, the 1720 has decent colours, decent lag but has 24p judder.

The 2700 has better colour no judder issues but seems to have a noisy fan and some reports of screen brightness splitting which 8 can’t see being fixed yet.

I would live with the 1720 but the 24p judder would be a nightmare for me. Has anyone got a 1720 on here who can comment on any judder?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom