• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BenQ W1210ST / HT2150ST fan not starting

w1210ST

Novice Member
Hi.

I've bought BenQ W1210ST / HT2150ST recently and I've noticed that one of fans is not starting with the projector. If you look on a standing projector from the front it's the right fan (if it's mounted on a ceiling it's the left fan when looking from the projector front). Other fans are working, this one does not.

If I switch to high altitude mode for a second the fan start immediately. It even started once when my projector had been working for quite some time. So it looks like there is nothing wrong with the fan itself. Maybe it starts only when it's super hot? But I'd like to be sure. Is it normal that this fan does not start with projector and sometimes, even after few hours is still not moving at all?

If any of you have the same projector (BenQ W1210ST / HT2150ST) could you please check if it's normal behavior?

Thank you.

Last edited:

mike07

Novice Member
Hi,

I have this projector and is the same for me.
Only the front fan is working, the other one doesn't start even after hours of projection.
I think this fan will start working only if the temperature inside becomes very hot.
I don't think you should worry about this.

jacobe

Established Member
Are you running it in "Economic" mode? Try changing to either "Normal" or "SmartEco", this will start all the fans on my W2000 at least.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom