Wanted BenQ W1080ST or JVC X3/X7/ X35/ X55

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by fallinlight, Nov 6, 2016.

1. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Hello, after a BenQ W1080ST or JVC X3, X35 or higher models (X7/ X9/ X55) within these too lines. Thanks

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,

Would you be interested in an X30? 4 years old with approx. 600hrs, installed and calibrated by Ricky from Kalibrate. Selling as upgrading to 4k.......

Looking for £900

Joust

3. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Good eve, Joust, thanks very much for your message!

No, thanks man, I don't like the X30, found the X3 a considerably superior projector in many aspects (owned a few of both over the years). Ricky is great I hear, reassuring. However your price would have been much too high for me. X30's and X3s are selling for £300 to £700 on here with low hours.

That, plus I only go for very strong samples.

I actually just switched from 6 years of projectors and most recently, my X5000 (bad dealer and 2 faulty units though great PJ) to the Sammy UE43KS7500 and prefer it overall to my X5000. I'm simply astounded by the image, even at 43", sat at the same distance of approx 3.5 meters I do from my 120" PJ image.

Though not a darkroom the X5000 in my light to medium coloured room just can't compete. Only main area my X5000 seems to win to me is video processing perhaps, motion and pans seem smoother. Even projecting at 55" my X5000 could not come close to the Sammy in HDR and overall image quality.

Chose the Sammy over the Panny CX700/ C750B, despite the smaller screen, the spec and image quality is just jaw dropping and am glad I did. Looking to sell it actually to upgrade to a similar spec/ line with a 50 or 55" screen.

What are you upgrading/ switching too?

Look forward to your reply, Joust, thanks!

4. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Thanks for the reply.....moving to X7000 :D

5. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Nice! I trust you'll be making better use of it than I did/ am with my X5000 as not a dedicated dark room. If I decide to improve my room conditions, I might hold out till Spring 2017 for JVC X5500, see what the deal is, or for price drops, but otherwise it's just not worth it for me, even with price drops. I'd be better of with the TW7300 for my room. Very content with my TV for now.

X7000! :thumbsup: Enjoy!

:)

6. dave77

dave77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    I have a W1080ST+ that i'm looking to sell in the new year, the + model has horizontal keystone and wireless option over W1080ST. It has less than 20hrs use (I need to check exact). Will be selling as I need a normal throw now, not short throw.

7. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Thanks dave, but have since been reunited with my JVC X5000 (long ordeal with dealer).

Re. Short throw, honestly, in all my experience, the Benny is he budget King of DLP PJs for me, and many. I wrote extensively on them on here in a few threads. Highly acclaimed and popular PJs for reason. It was Art Feierman who said the W1070S/ W1080ST are just as regarded as home theatre quality, as they are for casual installs.

I will assume that the W1070ST is still too long for you, right?

I would never use keystone and am highly sensitive with a good eye, to image quality. For example, I currently have my JVC mounted dead centre, so no need for any lens shift. But will probably do a ceiling installation at some point if I can live sacrificing with the sharpness/ focus loss and any misconvergence as an effect.

Is 3D a must, and low input lag?, for you dave?

8. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Epson have a wide range of good PJs. I used to use Optoma way back too.

9. dave77

dave77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Yeah I'm going for the Epson 7300 probably, need the horizontal lens shift to avoid a lamp shade :)

10. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Great choice, I strongly considered it, but I knew I wouldn't be fully satisfied, knowing that I knew what I'd be getting with the X5000 after being with JVC for so long.

I also based my opinion on many of the av folk who chose the X5000 over the TW7300/ TW9300 after demoing both. Have eagerly been awaiting Art's full review on the TW7300, but I saw avforums review is now up too so going to have a read and watch video review too.

I used to be with Epson before JVC, but fell out of love and agreement after too many bad/ poor samples at the higher TW range (9000 and 91000) and change of the image. My favourite Epson was the TW5500, had the legendary HQV Radeon video processor, also used by JVC at the time (not sure if they still use it or a current iteration of it). I found the 5500 to be so beautifully 'filmic', and had some of the most 'inky' blacks I'd ever seen. However, when I first turned on my JVC X3 I was impressed even more, with what a projected image could do.

That said, very grateful for the TW7300 in the market, excellent price and the low input lag. Hope you enjoy it.