BenQ W1080ST+ DLP Projector Review & Comments

You can always use a colour correction filter for better blacks and more contrast (with recalibration to D65), or a simple ND filter (no recal needed if you're happy with the image) to improve blacks and reduce the image brightness to something more cinematic if that's important to you. Adding a filter to reduce the image brightness may also have the side effect of reducing the rainbow effect.

Gary

Totally agree with the comments, we have had one for 4mths

I can certainly vouch for Gary's suggestion of an ND filter - I use an ND2 on my W1070 and black levels improve, the whole image takes on a more cinematic feel and the shadow detail is enhanced. (other than that I use Smart Eco and just a quick set up with THX optimiser)

The main thing budget projectors lack is better control of their brightness, if it had an iris control, it would be brilliant, but it would also no longer be "Budget"

I'd say the W1070 (basically the same, with a different lens) is on a par with my old Barco GB808S CRT projector.

Got a filter for my infocus in83 works great my friend commented how he did not notice any rainbow effect. He did prior me fitting the filter !

That's interesting, about the rainbow effect! I don't see it, so I can't check and none of my family have commented on it, even before addition of the ND2, so I assume we're all immune from it.

Did you test with and without the wireless kit, is there any difference in quality?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom