Question BenQ W1070

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scishter, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scishter

scishter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone with experience of this projector advise if it is still a good option in 2017 or if technology has improved too much since its release to make it worth buying? Thanks

2. dcknudt

dcknudt
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just set up a theater room in my new house. I spent quite a bit on everything and decided to go budget on the projector as eventually I want to upgrade to 4k. I have to say that the W1070 is quite impressive for the price you pay. I highly recommend it for any use and I will probably put a couple years on it before I upgrade.

3. jacobe

jacobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Picturewise it's still a good PJ but I probably wouldn't buy a new one today.

4. mike07

mike07
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think it's a good ideea to buy this projector today.
    For 200$ more you can buy newer versions of this projector, like W2000 or W1210ST for a short throw projection. Those projectors have a better contrast and image (with Rec. 709 standard), better cooling system, low input lag, better sound.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  5. Abacus

Abacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
    If you can get it at a good price then it is a cracking piece of kit for the money, (I have had mine for a couple of years or so and it is still impressive compared to the completion) however, as mentioned above, if I was buying today I would spend a little extra and go with the newer models (Which weren’t available when I purchased my 1070) for an even better performance. (Like you I am waiting for the 4K projector market to settle down before upgrading)

Hope this helps with your decision

Bill