Benq W1070 shutting down

Ssalazar

Novice Member
So my BenQ W1070 is shutting down after about 30-45 minutes of being powered on. When it shuts down the whole thing loses power. There are no temp or lamp lights on, No lights at all as if power went out. Hopped up on ladder wiggled cord around lights came back on but as soon as I let go of cord I lose power all lights go off. Sometimes I find a sweet spot and it’ll stay on after I let go it allows me to power up and watch but will shut back down again after about 5-15 minutes. If I don’t mess with the power cord just walk away and leave it alone. The projector powers back up showing the orange POWER light and green power button are illuminated. Same thing I can watch for a bit before it shuts down. PLEASE HELP!!!! I’d like to fix it. Could it be the power supply? Maybe the cord itself? Why does wiggling the cord make it power back up? I’m lost. Appreciate any feedback.

Marky1973

Hi Ssalazar - then you say it shuts down, do you mean it goes through the close down process or just loses power all of a sudden? If it is just dropping power and wiggling the power cord brings it back to life, the first thing I would do is test it with a different cord. If it is shutting itself down with a proper cool down sequence, then I suspect it is probably an issue with the projector itself and you might need input from someone with more exprience than me to help you find a solution. If there are no warning lights to give you a hint on the machine itself, then I would still think it was the power cord.

Ssalazar

Novice Member
Hi Ssalazar - then you say it shuts down, do you mean it goes through the close down process or just loses power all of a sudden? If it is just dropping power and wiggling the power cord brings it back to life, the first thing I would do is test it with a different cord. If it is shutting itself down with a proper cool down sequence, then I suspect it is probably an issue with the projector itself and you might need input from someone with more exprience than me to help you find a solution. If there are no warning lights to give you a hint on the machine itself, then I would still think it was the power cord.
No proper shut down just suddenly loses power and all lights go out as if it was unplugged.

Marky1973

Doesn't sound good. If a different cable doesn't make any difference, it sounds like there is a problem with the projector, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what it might be.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom