BenQ W1070 Reviewer’s Recommended Best Settings

Steve Withers

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: BenQ W1070 review

Preset: User 1
Brightness: 51
Contrast: 53
Colour: 50
Tint: 50
Sharpness: 8
Colour Temp: Normal
Lamp Power: Economic
Advanced
Clarity Level: 0
Gamma: 2.2
BrilliantColor: Off
Colour Temp Fine Tuning: Red Gain 96, Green Gain 88, Blue Gain 95, Red Offset 256, Green Offset 256, Blue Offset 256
Colour Management: Red - Hue 50/Gain 52/Saturation 49, Green - H 64/G 48/S 50, Blue - H 52/G 47/S 50, Cyan - H 50/G 47/S 50, Magenta - H 70/G 51/S 50, Yellow - H 64/G 50/S 47
Aspect Ratio: Real

Last edited:
What Yellow in CMS?

Ta, definitely worth a punt will pop then in sometime when I getta spare mo see what comes out :D

Just set mine up ready to try tonight :thumbsup:

Interested to see how these settings compare with my own "calibrated" (lol) setup, might need to tune to compensate for the filter though.

Just set mine up ready to try tonight :thumbsup:

Interested to see how these settings compare with my own "calibrated" (lol) setup, might need to tune to compensate for the filter though.

Let us all know how you tune the settings as I am now using a filter.

Let us all know how you tune the settings as I am now using a filter.

I think this would just be limited to brightness/contrast, since the ND2 doesn't actually change the hue or anything. Impossible to do during the daytime of course, so will have a little play tonight.

I found the settings above to give a great looking image.....until I added all that yellow that was added later! Ended up dropping yellow down to 48 ;-).
Steve

I found the settings above to give a great looking image.....until I added all that yellow that was added later! Ended up dropping yellow down to 48 ;-).
Steve

What part of yellow did you drop to 48?

jborchel said:
What part of yellow did you drop to 48?

I dropped the yellow hue to 48. With it at 64 as above, faces seemed very orange.

With that and all other settings as above, the picture is very natural and I am very pleased with the results.

Steve.

Are these settings done with HDMI source. On my 1070 the Hue and Colour are not available to tune when using HDMI source. Also, the factory presets for Colour Temperature Gain are almost half of what is shown. Why such a great variance?

Everyones been diseased in our house hence the delayed reply.
These settings were applied at the same time as I painted some "Black Widow" on the wall. Its certainly made a differance i`m loving it, thanks again.

I will have to try these settings out. Is it difficult to caliberate yourself?

I've yet to change my picture settings so will give these a try, are the settings for 3D the same or would anything need changing?

Hi Steve, what picture settings did you use for 3D?

i think these settings are better:

Mode - Cinema
Brightness - 50
Contrast - 50
Sharpness - Default
Lamp Power ECO
Advanced Menu
Color Temp
RGain - 101 >102
GGail - 100
BGain - 105
ROff - 251
GOff - 249
BOff - 254 >255
Color mgmt
Red
Green
Blue (No Changes)
Gamma - 2.2

Are these settings done with HDMI source. On my 1070 the Hue and Colour are not available to tune when using HDMI source. Also, the factory presets for Colour Temperature Gain are almost half of what is shown. Why such a great variance?

Got mine today, and I have the same issue - did you ever find out why they were unavailable?

UPDATE - according to the BENQ help it's because those settings are deemed to be the best, so they disable any changes

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom