BenQ W1070 - is my room too small?

4n0n

Standard Member
Reaction score
Currently I've got a Sharp LC40LE831E (40" 1080p 3DTV) - good TV that I do enjoy but I have wanted a projector for years! I'm not entirely fussed about 3D right now although I do appreciate that the BenQ W1070 is a 3D projector but when I was considering the Optoma HD230X I noticed that I will get a larger screen from the W1070 (and is 3D ready if I ever do have the desire).

I've attached a SketchUp of the basic room dimensions for visual reference. I'm looking to project from the blue side to the green side. The room is small, and obviously the dimensions haven't taken the projector dimensions or distance from wall into account (I will be projecting directly onto the wall).

jh7huf.png

It will essentially be replacing my TV, so I will be using it for PS3 gaming / movies, an extended monitor for my laptop and rarely I will use it for Sky HD.

Off topic but is it possible to find a relatively cheap (~£150?) AV receiver + speakers that will accomodate 3 HDMI inputs as well as allowing me to use a PS3 headset (red & yellow connectors)? I'm new to this home theatre set up scene so excuse my naivety.

Thank you for your help.

my benq w1070 is about 3.60 meters from the screen and makes a minimum pic of 120" from there. it's great...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom