Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

BenQ W1050 1080P DLP Projector Review & Comments

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Phil Hinton, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
      Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +8,003
    2. Smurfin

Smurfin
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4,368
      Good point about the fan noise frequency - these new Benqs all suffer from it. I found the pitch to be unbearable.

I also don't quite get why they keep churning out new models....doesn't seem to be any different to their previous models?

3. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +378
      This is very sad thing to read, cause the noise is very important factor to me aswell. I think the W1110 was said to be quiet, also W2000. And now going backwards? I have 1080ST+ and it`s quite terrible sitting at coffee table (not that close to me). Smart eco mode is even worse cause the sound will change when the picture get`s brighter etc. My bulp exploded also at age of 2years / hours about half what it should last. Warranty is over with the machine also. Not sure will i buy the new bulp if it has damaged the projector, i asked about customer support but i need to send it to Benq so they can check it or i risk buying new lamp and hope it works. Benq not high on my list next time i choose projector. Picture quality for the price is fine though!

4. Mallardo

Mallardo

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +293
      Fan noise with these small home entertainment models is a fact of life I'm afraid. The bulbs just get so hot in that little box that they require powerful fan.
      The only thing you can do if fan noise is a deal breaker is go for a bigger home cinema model, you could pick up a decent used one for the price of this Benq. Even then, it will never be inaudible.

5. sapperjohn

sapperjohn

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +7
      Agree. They would be better concentrating on a short throw 4K UHD to replace W1080ST as there’s nothing 4K short throw out there at the moment.