BenQ W100 component interference

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by imygaf, Jan 29, 2009.

1. imygaf

imygaf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am new to projectors and AV in general. I have a W100 connected to my DVD player with component cable, and sky with composite cable.

When watching a dvd, i get some sort of interference or something. There are 2 or 3 thick bars that move slowly up the screen. Against a white background they seem to have a green tint, but on a darker picture you can just notice the bars moving.

This is really getting annoying now. I now use the composite cable with for dvds, which eliminates the problem although picture quality is not as good.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I am using this component cable: Component Cable 10m Only £15.65 at TVCables

I know its not the best available but im not a HT fanatic and expected it to give me an acceptable picture. Not sure if it is the cable or something else. Any help appreciated.

Imran

2. Darkstar_surfer

Darkstar_surfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    You don't mention which DVD player you are using. You should be able to get away with cheap component cable over short distances but 10M may be your problem. The first thing I would try is a short 1M Component cable and see if that fixes the problem. Next I would see if I can find another DVD player to test.