BenQ V7000i UST 4K Laser Projector Review & Comments

Pulse1

Great review Steve, i have to say that your one of the few reviewers that gives a detailed review of the products so thanks. You say in your review about ALR screens and my opinion is they are not needed for an UST projector. I think that is probably one of the main reasons why people aren't going for an UST Projector because they are made to believe that an ALR UST screen has to be used, when the reality is they definitely don't as you quite rightly point towards just shutting the blinds. Just like every Tv ambient light and sunlight kills the image anyway and even an ALR screen can't battle against sunlight. I have a Blackout roller blind in my living room and use a Fixed Acoustic woven screen with acoustic black backing that has a 4" Black velvet border all around the frame. I have no issues whatsoever although my Epson EH-LS300B LCD Native 1080p HDR UST Projector doesn't throw a light border around the image anyway and have the added benefit of all three front speakers behind the screen for the best immersion for both image and sound. It also takes away the fact that a lot of people have as to where to put the centre speaker when they have an UST Projector. I honestly think the way it's going now is that UST Projectors will replace big screen tvs in the future anyway due to the fact that a lot of them gives you the added option to adjust to different image sizes unlike a fixed size Tv. They just need to add more HDMI Sockets on them and have better App support, but that will come. One request Steve if i may is if you are able to get hold of either one of the Epson UST projectors for review that would be great as they are the only ones that are LCD UST projectors on the market instead of all the rest which are DLP, they have zero Rainbow effects and will be a good choice for anyone that either suffers from the Rainbow effect or doesn't know if they do. The Epsons are also a lot cheaper so may actually have the best bang for buck in the current UST Projector market?

ktman

Hi Steve great review do you know if you can use motion interpolation on the 3D please as I have the benq 2700i and cannot use it on 3D thanks Kevin

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Sounds like it’s list price plus £300 to then get it properly calibrated.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Hi Steve great review do you know if you can use motion interpolation on the 3D please as I have the benq 2700i and cannot use it on 3D thanks Kevin
It didn't occur to me to even look at the motion interpolation when I was testing the 3D, because I always avoid that feature for films. So I actually don't know if it's available or not.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
What size are you projecting for the 130/200/280nit peak brightness result?
My screen is 220 x 124cm in its 1.78 configuration with side masking.

Michael7877

My screen is 220 x 124cm in its 1.78 configuration with side masking.
So ~2.73 square metres.

For some reason I had this thought in my head though that a projector with a 2500 ANSI lumen rating would have a peak brightness of ~2500 nits projecting onto a 1 sq. m screen.

Your screen is 2.73 sq. m, 1/2.73*2500 = 915 - I expected peak white would be somewhere around 915 nits.

I'm not too familiar with projectors, but am familiarizing myself with them more lately because the technology seems to be getting to a point I'd be satisfied with one (the gamut, brightness, resolution, and price).

Can peak brightness even be estimated from a lumen rating?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom