BenQ TK810 4K DLP Projector Review & Comments

Never had my own projector...but was a dream long ago.
I like to read reviews of projectors to see how tech is progressing....
When i think i had all kind of tv tech expect this one....

Thanks for the review Phil.
I'm looking for a projector in this price bracket for my man cave.
It is not a dedicated cinema room and is fairly bright but would like it for movies entertainment , streaming and sport.
Just wondering why you only gave it 7 but still a recommended badge ?
Also is there much fan noise ?
Others I have been looking at in this price bracket are Optoma UHD51/UHD52 and Epsom EH-TW7000 - how does the BenQ TK810 stack up against these ?
Cheers

Just wondering why you only gave it 7 but still a recommended badge?
Also is there much fan noise?
Others I have been looking at in this price bracket are Optoma UHD51/UHD52 and Epsom EH-TW7000 - how does the BenQ TK810 stack up against these?
Cheers
I haven't reviewed the others you mention, so can't really comment. However, If you can get demos of them when things get back to normal, that is probably best. Given the models you have mentioned looking at, I would probably skip the TK810 and look more at the W2700 or TK851 if you're interested in BenQ. The TK810 is definitely a lifestyle product trying to cover lots of bases and not being great at any one task, it's a catch-all device.
Badges normally go: Recommended 7 or 8: Highly Recommended 8 or 9: Best in Class 9 or 10.
7 is not a low score and the TK810 does almost everything it claims to do and at a reasonable performance level given the caveats mentioned in the review.

Hi! I've read your review with a lot of pleasure! I have bought this beamer recently and am very curious about the right calibration! Can you maybe share the settings you used in the final calibration? Thanks! Kind regards, Ben

Hi please could you share best calibration settings for this projector I have recently bought it but noticed on the preset cinema setting on eco mode that you get bright distorted clouds in the white areas of a picture

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom