1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ PE8700 and FX5200 DVI problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SimonInd, Nov 11, 2004.

1. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Having taken delivery of a new BenQ 8700 I connected it straight up to my PC and achieved 1:1 mapping using the VGA output with no problems. However I then hooked up the DVI output using the supplied DVI-DVI lead and I get nothing, regardless of resolution. The card is recognising the projector as a display called BenQ8700 appears in the nVidia display settings but no matter what I try I get nothing on the projector. I've updated to the latest beta drivers from nVidia but still nothing, do I need to buy an ATi card or is there a way to get this working?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Simon

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    The adjustments may be in the BenQ8700. Have you checked that DVI has been selected and activated within the menu?

3. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The BenQ's DVI input seems to handle both analogue (VGA) and digital signals - I'm guessing it detects what is present? Selecting this PC input is all that I can see in the menus, and I'm doing that.

Thanks

Simon

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I dont know if the Benq works the same, but on my Infocus 4805, I have a source section whereby I have to tick a box to allow a specific connection to be active. If I don't select say the DVI connection, then it skips it when I flick through the sources on the remote or the projector.
    Check the owners manual for setting up a DVI connection and see if you've missed something.