Benq Pe7800 Cheapest matterhorn to date

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by foghorn, Jul 21, 2004.

1. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Just wondered has anyone on this forum bought themselves a Benq peE7800?

Having viewed a few projectors I have decided that when I upgrade my existing projector I will go for a matterhorn chip dlp.

The only matterhorn I have seen so far is the Sim2 Domino 20, which projects an excellent picture.

Just recently the Benq pe 7800 has caught my eye given that this projector can be purchased for just under £2000. This makes it the cheapest matterhorn in the UK.

When you consider that it makes it about £700 cheaper than the Infocus 5700, £2000 less than the Domino 20H and £3500 less than the Runco CL500 it seems like a very good buy.

Over on the AVS forum people who have invested in this projector speak very highly of this product.

For anybody interested here is a few links: -

Great review http://www.projectorreviews.com/article.aspx?artid=20

Streaming video http://www.cinenow.com/us/streaming_view.php?index_id=17&referer=cinenow

Screenshots AVS forum http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=425262&goto=nextoldest

Think i will need to try and locate one for a demo.

2. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice pj but I won't downgrade resolution just for DLP. HS20 is still kicking ass when it comes to that. :laugh:

The streaming video is very impressive! wm9 1024k, great quality... pity it's all in french. :mad:

3. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Venom1969

I have to confess that I have not seen the HS20 in action. However just because the HS20 has a higher resolution than DLP projectors it is not the only factor in giving one projector the upper hand over another.

One thing I will say is that even the entry-level LCD and DLP home cinema projectors are producing very satisfactory results, things have certainly moved on a lot in the last 5 years.

4. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I personally wouldn't trade the better blacks of a dlp for a higher resolution LCD. I'm looking to update my Sony CRT projector. I've seen a budget LCD (Z2) and whilst for the money it was impressive I thought the image had a digital look to it compared to the film like image from my CRT.

I'd be very interested in your post demo opinions.

edit removed incorrect comment about H56. :blush: