1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ PE7700 VS Sanyo Z3

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hddvd, Sep 18, 2005.

1. hddvd

hddvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what do you guys think of the BenQ PE7700 compared to the sanyo z3? i know one is DLP and the other is DLP but i want to know which one you guys think has better image quality.

2. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thats not really a fair comparison is it. The 7700 is £1400 and the Z3 is £800 with a spare lamp, £650 without, which therefore makes the 7700 twice the price.

I havn't seen the 7700, but I have the Z3 and I think it's great value for money at the moment. It has dust blob removal, quiet operation, decent connectivity, 3 year warranty(!), 90 day warranty on lamps(!), and it has a great following on the forum.

If youre willing to spend £1400 - 1500 on a PJ I would consider waiting a while for the new generation from Sanyo, Panasonic, Epson etc.

3. Zag

Zag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    The general opinion is that the BenQ7700 produces a better picture than the Z3.

If you're in the market now for a PJ there's a whole raft of new PJs coming out as Neil's pointed out which should be shipping in the next 2 months.

Check this link out for a good roundup.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/cedia_2005.htm