1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq pe-5120 £499!!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rajoo, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Rajoo

Rajoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just ordered a Benq 5120 for £499 from Amozon :thumbsup: Should arrive mid next week, will be connecting up to a pioneer 575 but I have to order my screen yet will be getting the slimline from DHR for £178 and a commponent lead from discount home electronics for £35. Not bad for just a little over £700.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Good choice on the pj ! :thumbsup:

Before spending so much on a screen, consider getting a white "blackout blind" which make excellent screens. You can get them from many DIY outlets and from IKEA too, I believe. A blind which will give you a 90" diagonal picture would cost you £50 or less.

3. dj

dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Enjoy, I purchased mine back in March and get a great buzz from it.

I have now started watching older films I never managed to see on the big screen at home.

4. carlito8

carlito8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Excellent choice, you'll have to post a review when it's all set up as I'm thinking of going for the exact same setup :)

5. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there, I used to own a Panasonic AE300 LCD, but sold it and got the Panasonic 42" Plasma, I love my Plasma... but now that projectors have dropped so much in price I am looking at the Benq 5120, to use every now and again, as I don't relly have the room to have a fixed screen up, and the other half wouldn't be happy to have the projector mounted on the ceiling, so I am after the 5120 and possible a screen which I can put up and down very quickly.. Can anybody recommend anything.... Also .... the main reason I would like the projector is to watch the odd fight on it along with DVD movies every now and again ... along with the Xbox, and PS2 .. PC side of things i am not fussed about... After reading the posts on here about the 5120 it seems that nearly all people are happy with it...

Would any of you guys, be without the 5120 ???

Regards
    Drogo

6. Rajoo

Rajoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    carlito8 I just received email from amasom that the pj has being dispatched. Should receive for Friday or Monday, will post a full review after that. Just noticed that ebuyer do the pj for £468 delivered without the 3year warranty and for £501 with the warranty.
    I've just recevied the componet lead, i've decided to put the screen on hold. I'm going to first project onto my matt white finished wall and then a £19 blackout blind from ikea, will post results.

7. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Why not try something like this, all be it relatively expensive:

http://www.drhscreens.co.uk/easy.html

8. Rajoo

Rajoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My first ever pj was delivered this morning, i haven't got a screen yet so i used my garage wall (white brick) through the composite of my pio 575 image was ok. But when i connected my component lead and fired up the progressive scan WOW!!! The picture quality was unbleable, i maxed out the zoom to project a 9 foot wide image and the quality was still there ( considering i was projecting on a brick wall) The larger image did give the more cinema feeling than a image about 6 foot wide. So i decided that i'll be looking for a 8 foot wide roller blind to project on. Best ever £500 spent.

9. Rajoo

Rajoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just seen one at "blinds.co.uk/rollerspricing.htm" for £75.

10. carlito8

carlito8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Ahhh!!! Must resist !!! Now the price has come down to £470 at ebuyer with the 3 year guarentee.....Thanks for posting your comments Rajoo :)