1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ PB6100 vertical offset.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cyberheater, Nov 28, 2004.

1. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I should be getting my BenQ PB6100 this week and was wondering about the vertical offset. I've been reading in other forum groups that you really need to sit it on a low coffee table 'cause it tends to throw an image quite high.

Is this right?

Any idea of the offset? I downloaded the manual bit it didn't say.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I have a Benq 6200, which has practically the same display mechanism. I have the PJ about 7 feet from the screen, and I would say that it throws the picture up about a foot at that distance, but that can be increased (at the expense of picture distortion) by adjusting the foot in the front of the PJ.

The offset is really there to cope with ceiling mounted PJ's which are usually mounted upside-down on the ceiling, so that you can still see the controls on the top of the PJ.

3. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    So your saying the bottom of the screen starts at around a foot above the PJ?

How big is your screen mate?