1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ PB6100 + HTPC = WOW

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cyberheater, Dec 7, 2004.

1. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I've been running my BenQ PB6100 from my Tosh progressive and I thought the picture was an upgrade from my AE200 but I wasn't exactly bowled over.

Last night. I decided to hook up my Laptop (built in radeon card) running at the BenQ's native resolution (800 x 600) and I slapped in Lord of the Rings DVD using PowerDVD.

WOW :clap: :clap: :clap:

It looked amazing.

The blacks are a lovely deep black. The whites are brilliant. The colours look very natural and beautifully saturated. In a word. Wonderful.

I've been waiting a long time for a PJ that can do that kind of quality and i'm really impressed. I can't believe a 630 quid (brand new) PJ can look as good as this.

It's actually better then the cinema.

I'm now going to build a dedicated home theater PC to drive my lovely new PJ and also build a hush box for it 'cause it's a bit loud.

I'm a happy man. :smashin:

Also, and here's the strange bit.

I've normally been using my Da- Lite projector screen which was a 1.3 gain.

For the above test I used my old Ikea pull down blind which is probably 0.8/0.9 gain screen and the image was a lot better. The blacks were significantly deeper.

The BenQ is quite a bright projector and obviously a 1.3 gain screen was too much for it.

I'm thinking of trying a grey screen which I reckon will give my blacks in the CRT levels but still give me plenty brightness.