1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq PB6100 - have i screwed things up?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Deepsnoozer, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Deepsnoozer

Deepsnoozer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, let me introduce myself.

I'm from Portugal and i'm the Happy owner of a 6100, i've been looking arround into this forum for a while, and only today i've decided to resister so i can participate in all this.

and now for some of my questions :lesson: :confused:

I used to turn off the Projector (let it cool down for 2 minutes or so with my fans working) and then turn it on again just to see if i was getting it rightly alligned with the screen.
    The Projector is still working perfecly and it only has 140hours on the Lamp. but it it possible that i've damaged the lamp in any way?

2nd, the read of the PJ is pretty close to the wall, since i'm out of space but it's been like this forever and the PB6100 hasnt yet warned me about high tempratures.
    I've arround 3/4, maybe 5 inches from the rear end to the wall, i'm not sure if that's enough but... you tell me.

Should i mess with fan speeds to increase them? I'm able to do that in the service menu, but i dont want to screw anything else...

and 3rd..., should i open the PJ and clean the dust? i notice a small blub in the middle of the screen while playing dark movies.

Best Regards
    DeepSnoozer

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    1. Don't worry about the bulb life, I'm sure many people have done this - projectors in work places get treated much worse
    2. If the PJ doesn't seem worried about the temperature then again there's no cause for concern
    3. It does sound like a dust blob and people like Cyberheater have posted instructions on how to successfully clean the 6100...PJ :)

3. Deepsnoozer

Deepsnoozer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thnks mate, i'll do a search