1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ PB2120

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MikeTPC, Jan 14, 2004.

1. MikeTPC

MikeTPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wondering if this is any good.

[​IMG]

Would be projecting over a distance of about 3 meters and ceiling mounted. Projecting onto a 79 inch x 44 inch screen.

I'm totally new to the idea of a projector and have no idea what I need from a projector, this model has been pointed out to me though. Any and all help is most welcome.

2. MikeTPC

MikeTPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know this model or got any other suggestions?

3. The Nightfly

The Nightfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Mike,

You'll be struggling to get any projector to throw such a large image from only 3 metres. According to www.projectorcentral.com the maximum screen width for your throw distance would only be 55 inches with that projector.

Perhaps somebody else has alternative suggestions ?

Allan

4. MikeTPC

MikeTPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for that, I've properly measured it out now, 3 metres was a guess and it is exactly 4 metres from where the screen will be two where the rear of the projector would be. I presume I have to knock the depth of the projector off the measurement?

4 metres would give me 71" (179cm) in 16:9. so I guess I'd need about a 173x97 screen.

Are there any other models anyone thinks I should look at for in and around £1000?

I'm only thinking of this one because a mate has one, I don't know squat about projectors.

5. The Nightfly

The Nightfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Mike,

The throw distance is calculated from the lens. So if you deduct about 25cm to account for the depth of the projector and cables your maximum screen size will be approx 180 x 100cm (for a 16:9 screen).

The obvious DLP alternative at this price would be the Infocus X1 and the derived clones from Toshiba and IBM.

Perhaps others here might recommend one of the Panasonic or Sanyo LCD models.

The specs on the BenQ look quite good for the price and if you've seen one working at your mates and was impressed then thats a pretty strong case in its favour.

Allan