1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq Connection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 911uk, Apr 28, 2005.

1. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Well my ebay BenQ PB6200 has arrived. Quite impressed with the picture, considering how much I paid for it.

My question is how best to connect it to my Sky+ box. So far I have been playing DVDs through the PC and connecting it via the VGA socket, which looks fine, though I don't know if I'm getting the best possible image.

I run my plasma from the Sky+ box via a JS RGB to Plamsa box which looks great. I tried taking the VGA cable off of my Panny plasma and plugging it in the BenQ, the picture was a liney and distorted. I presume therefore that this box won't do the job and the projector needs a different kind of format? any ideas?

Cheers!

2. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump

3. mi_july

mi_july

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey, glad you like the pj, i have the same one, my freeview box outputs RGB scart and I use a keene RGB - YUV converter then put it through my reciever and then using a component to vga breakout cable send it to the projector...you wont be dissapointed.

4. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the projector not accept an RGB signal then?

5. mi_july

mi_july

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, hence why I use the convertor, I made the mistake of buying a scart to vga cable only to find it doesn't work! the picture quality is superb though