1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BENQ 8700+ to Z4???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by edddie_veddder, Sep 24, 2005.

1. edddie_veddder

edddie_veddder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hello folks,

I'm just about to move house, and my new living room is gonna be 26' by 13'. I'm looking for a long throw projector to replace my short throw BENQ 8700+. Do you think that a Z4 would be a big step a backwards in PQ?, its long throw, quiet fan and tempting price would make it ideal. Any other suggestions would be very helpfull. How much do you think i could get for my Benq 8700+ with a couple hundred hours on it?.

2. rdundas

rdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Z4 is listed on ivojo as having a short throw lense, not a long throw

3. edddie_veddder

edddie_veddder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Ivojo states "Short throw x2 zoom lens ", the x2 making it pretty flexible with regards to possitioning. I've looked at the calculator on www.projectorcentral.com and i should be able to put the Z4 right at the back of the room, which is where i'd like it.

My budget is 1500-3000( i'd love an optoma H79 :D but there doesnt seem to be many places with stock and i could really use the extra cash at the mo).

The main reason i was after a Z4 was because its well priced, should be able to be placed at the back of my new living room (26') and because its very quiet.

I was wandering what you guys think the drop in picture quality would be from a £1900 benq 8700+(bought for £2800 last summer!) to a brand new £1400 Z4. I've had an LCD b4 and loved it, but found the benq much better.

Mnay thanks.