1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BENQ 8700 or Sharp Z10000

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Postie67, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Postie67

Postie67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Hi all viewers,

I am interested in either the BENQ 8700 or the Sharp Z10000. These are both HD2 Mustang DLP machines and will be projecting onto a 7ft 16:9 screen (will decide on make depending on PJ) from a distance of 12 foot. I also have a Lumagen Vision scaler which will feed all pictures to PJ. I know Ivojo do the BENQ for a good price and Pricejapan for the Z10000 but which is the better machine. I've asked Ivojo if there is any chance of a demo of the BENQ but still awaiting a reply. Does anyone know of anywhere where I might be able to demo either of these two PJ, I live in Leeds but colud possibly travel. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Postie

2. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    You want to ask this question on AVSForum.com as there is lots of owners of both these projectors and the Benq is currently getting a lot of coverage.

3. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I think Kramer has seen both these projectors and is due to post a review of the BenQ soon. Not sure if my memory is correct though. Kramer....!?

Paul

4. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    9'6" to 12'10 is the throw i believe for a 7' 16:9 screen from the Sharp, not sure if thats from the lens though... I guess they would quote it like that. Wouldn't they?!

Messiah has the 10'000. I recently saw the 9000 and was impressed, however I recently also saw the SIM20 & 30 and was mightly impressed. These should be on your xmas list too.

CH

Oh and someone on the forum has the new Marantz 12s3 with is a stonker by all accounts. Maybe the 12s2 units will drop a bit!

5. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    9'6" to 12'10 is the throw i believe for a 7' 16:9 screen from the Sharp, not sure if thats from the lens though... I guess they would quote it like that. Wouldn't they?!

Messiah has the 10'000. I recently saw the 9000 and was impressed, however I recently also saw the SIM20 & 30 and was mightly impressed. These should be on your xmas list too.

6. joe davis

joe davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0