1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ 7700 help needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Daisaku, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Daisaku

Daisaku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this odd or long-winded :)

I've paired up a BenQ 7700 projector with a Harmon Kardon DV25 (firmware upgraded to output progressive) with component cables. Every time I switch the DVD player to output a progressive image, the projector comes up with a little prompt at the bottom right corner of the screen to say it's a 525p image (which I understand the 7700 isn't compatible with). The message only disappears when I switch the player back to interlaced, and I can't see any discernible difference in the picture quality.

Thing is, I'd swear the projector wasn't doing this a few days ago.

So is the problem with the projector, or the DVD player? Was my DVD player even putting out a progressive image in the first place? And what is 525P anyway?

As a side note, I tested the 7700 on a DV35 in our office studio and it looked quite horrible when it was switched to progressive... is there something in the settings I should be looking at?

Thanks for any help!

2. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't help much, but 525p means that it's a progressive signal with 525 lines, so you are at least getting a progressive signal.

I'd be very surprised if the BenQ would display the name of a mode it wasn't compatible with.

The best way to see the difference between interlaced and non-interlaced is to use a test signal, like a test card. You might be able to download something (legally) or you may have to buy something.

3. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found that the Nvidia test cards are pretty decent actually... thats if you're going the HTPC route. I also agree that the 7700 should be able to output 525 progressive.

4. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have an nVidia card? Hey, perhaps you can give me some BenQ 7700 help :)

I've got my pj connected to my PC via the VGA-to-BNC cable that comes with the pj. My nVidia 6800GT card doesn't recognise it as a high-def TV or anything similar, so I don't get the HDTV set-up screens. I don't even get the button for the TV-setup wizard. Of course I can still use it as a normal monitor and play movies on it, but I'm sure there's a bunch of HDTV-specific stuff I'm missing out on.

At some point I'll be connecting the pj using a DVI-to-HDMI cable, will it then be recognised as a HDTV?

Cheers

5. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats strange? You should have it, go to your settings and check!

Go to display prop/adv./tools/display opt wizard

Hope this helps! Otherwise just dowload the latest drivers from the nvidia site. What vers. are you on atm?

PS please free to PM me if you have any other worries! I would also like to know more about your HDTV stuff.