1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ 6200 and SL705X

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mannannan, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Mannannan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all,

I'm going to the states in June, and since I have $1600 lying in an account there that I don't feel like taking home (since I would lose so much in terms of exchange rates and relative buying power) I'm going to buy a projector.

I read so much about rainbows here that I was worried about DLP and one shop demo of a DLP (don't remember which) in 5 mins tired my eyes.

So, I took home a BenQ SL705X from work to make sure, watched some father ted, and The Italian Job, original version at home through a playstation on composite, against a white wall.

I could only see the Rainbows on the THX optimiser for aspect ratio circle thing (StarWars ATOC disc).

No problems watching the film

My questions are:
    Was this a long enough test to be sure it won't affect me?

And does anybody have any opinions about the BenQ6200?

I would set it up to watch 16:9, and think that the XGA resolution would be high enough to off set any advantages that a 16:9 comparable projector might have e.g optoma H30.

Any advice gratefully accepted.