BENQ 5120 "quiet clicking noise"...

B

braindancer

Hi,

Been enjoying a BENQ PE5120 projector for a couple of months now, so far no problems.

However, the last 2 times I`ve sat down to watch a movie with it, for the first 2 or so minutes theres been a (barely audible) clicking noise. Sounds like a warm car cooling down, you only notice it if next to the PJ and no other sounds.

It does`nt bother me at all, just wondering if I should get it replaced(hopeing it wont get worse!)

:eek:

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
If it doesn't bother you I'd live with it, you may swap it only to find the new unit has the same or other issues...PJ

Timh

Distinguished Member
The clicking noise has been discussed before.
click

B

braindancer

Thanks TimH, a little was said about the clicking problem in that thread.

Seems it is the bulb fan?
Is there anything I should do to correct it, or worth contacting BENQ support?

Like I said its not bothering me at the moment, should I just put up with it for now and just hope its ok?

:confused:

Darko

call benq as they do a swap out for that problem.The no. is in the hand book.

cheers Darko

Timh

Distinguished Member
Darko said:
call benq as they do a swap out for that problem.The no. is in the hand book.

cheers Darko
Yes.. give them a ring, I believe they have a pretty good after sales team.

smashed

My previous thread on clicking....
Suggestions were either the lamp, or a common fault with the colour wheel ?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239821

Curiously enough, i had the same car analogy.
Havent asked for it to be fixed yet as it just dissapeared again after a few days and never returned. May get it replaced anyway just to be safe :)

B

braindancer

I think I`ll see how it goes, its quiet and only notice it if I am next to the unit in a quiet room. Lasts only a couple of minutes too.

If it gets worse I`ll sort out a replacement - I hate mucking about(and the idea of being without a PJ for 3-4 weeks only to get another PJ with a different problem turns me off)

:rolleyes:

M

Menace

I would personally report it to them, just because they might say "well you continued to use a faulty projector and broke it beyond resonable repair".
Let them deal with it and sort you out for you.
Just a thought

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom