Bennett vs Sony

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by neilbennett, Dec 28, 2000.

1. neilbennett

neilbennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Advice and Help needed.

I have owned my Sony CS1 projector for 4 months, with less than 300 hrs on the clock my lamp decided to give up. I have used my projector in the correct manner as laid out in the manual. But now will have to pay out £300 for a new lamp. Having been told that the lamp isn't covered by the warranty.
    I paid a visit to a Sony centre and they weren't interested, I know they are only resellers but they still offered no help at all. The company I bought it from offered to have a look at it and test another bulb in the unit to make sure there are no other faults, but at the end of the day I am still going to have to buy a £300 lamp.
    People will say that if a lamp doesn't last the 2000 or so hrs that it is supposed to then that is the luck of the draw. But if it is a case of the luck of the draw then Sony shouldn't charge a high price for the lamps. If my lamps keep going every 3-4 months I could have bought a new projector within a couple of years.
    Can anyone offer any advice or does anyone share my feelings
    Has anyone else had any lamp problems with the Sony CS1 or other LCD projector?

Cheers

Neil

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    What does the actual warranty (you received in the box) say about the bulb? Unless it specifically excludes the bulb I'd be inclined to kick up a stink about consumer rights - a bulb (properly used) shouldn't pack in after 4 months of use.

I'm sure that its law that warranties must now cover a full 12 month period for electrical goods with no exceptions - anyone confirm this?
    Paul