Benefits of Using a IR Blaster INSTEAD of Kinect

deans6571

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't really have enough space for a Kinect around my system (bought a Kinect -less bundle) so was wondering if I could get away with just using a IR blaster, for my Xbox One, instead.

Anyone have an recommendations/thoughts/experience in using one of these INSTEAD of the Kinect?

I love mine, I can't for the life of me see the point in having a big ugly kinect sitting there when you don't intend on using it for voice commands etc. I only had the thing plugged in so my media remote would work properly.

Finally got around to buying an IR thingy plugged it in and it worked straight away (I'd done the device setup for my tele months prior for the IR part of Kinect to work), it's never failed me once, operates exactly how Kinect does so it turns the tele on and off and does volume.

You just stick the emitter onto the bit of the device that receives the IR signals and that's it, I stuck mine behind the tele so you can't even see it at all.

I love mine, I can't for the life of me see the point in having a big ugly kinect sitting there when you don't intend on using it for voice commands etc. I only had the thing plugged in so my media remote would work properly.

Finally got around to buying an IR thingy plugged it in and it worked straight away (I'd done the device setup for my tele months prior for the IR part of Kinect to work), it's never failed me once, operates exactly how Kinect does so it turns the tele on and off and does volume.

You just stick the emitter onto the bit of the device that receives the IR signals and that's it, I stuck mine behind the tele so you can't even see it at all.

....you see, I'm exactly the same!! I have a nice slim 42" Samsung LCD tv and the last thing I want to do is stick the big ugly Kinect on top of it (I have no space for Kinect under the TV)!!

Do you also have the IR blaster and Xbox One connected to your cable box? Does the IR blaster also work with turning your cable box on and off?

I don't watch any broadcast tele at all these days so while the tv box is there it's not plugged in so I've not tested it, you can connect it up to two devices simultaneously because the cable splits into two so if you put one emitter thing onto the cable boxes IR bit then I can't see why it wouldn't work.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom