Benefits of R1?

Originally posted by Peter Shilton
Thans#

I am happy again

not having heard/seen the R1 I am still happy with my R2 (uncut german edition I have to add not the butchered UKR2).
See, I have some DVDs in NTSC and some in PAL and some of those feature the same actors but I can't tell the difference. Vin diesel sounds just as good on my R2 of pitchblack than on my R1 xXx.

I get awful lip-sync problems on a R2 Metallica Live concert DVD. Would this be due to the speed difference thingy ? It's so bad it seems as though they are miming at times :(

I borrowed a R2 Monsters Inc to compare against the R1 version, for the first time I noticed the 4% speedup. Picture quality wise the R2 version is far better than the R1.

you mean the cunning stunts one??
yes that lip sync is also present on mine but it's also a sync problem with the guitar as well. I think that is just due to a mastering error. I did some extansive "research" before buying my copy. I wanted to knopw if the UKR2 being pal was spedup compared to the R1 but that was not the case. so the lipsync is just a mastering/authoring error nothing more, nothing less

Do you have to mess around with the settings on your dvd player, ie. swap the settings from pal to ntsc, or can jou just slap the disk in and enjoy?

For your Tosh- leave on Auto.

Although PAL DVD's will still be 4% fast.

Yes - Cunning Stunts that's the one. Seems like someone messed up big time then

i bought region 1 for the sole reason, that scrounging inlaws can be fobbed off with :dvds wont work on your region 2 player;

:confused: :confused:
hamtaro I don't get your post:confused:
"scrounging inlaws can be fobbed off with :dvds wont work on your region 2 player":confused:

I think hamtaro means that he doesn`t have to lend out his dvd`s, as they are from a different region, and wont play on the inlaws dvd player, so he doesn`t even have to have an excuse ready like :" I`m watching that tonight", as none of them will play.

I`ve done the same with a good m8 of mine, hes too tight to get his dvd player unlocked to play any region, but wants to borrow my dvd`s all the time, as I have about 120, and he has about 10.

Trouble is, mine are mostly region 1`s, so hes stopped asking now. LOL

Spoony.

i have had friends new to dvd, who bought dvd players on the stength of my region 1 only collection! im not mean ! it just pisses me off when people would rather borrow peoples dvds, than buy their own!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom