Benefits of Holo Sights

Does this not negate the need for SP ? Seems a wasted perk slot.
Depends, some guns it's really worth it. Some guns, most notably the UMP45, it's a waste.

Stopping Power is a 1.4 modifier (or 40%) to the regular damage.

If you take into account rate of fire and damage, stopping power is an absolute must on guns like the ACR or FAL w/Holo (since it would be a 2 hit kill at any range) and can be argued the Sniper rifles since body shots are 1 hit kill.

Stopping Power is a 1.4 modifier (or 40%) to the regular damage.

If you take into account rate of fire and damage, stopping power is an absolute must on guns like the ACR or FAL w/Holo (since it would be a 2 hit kill at any range) and can be argued the Sniper rifles since body shots are 1 hit kill.

Sounds impressive, 40%, but when you're talking 4 bullets comes down to 3 bullets, its really not much is it? It would mean a lot more if we were talking about reducing from 30 bullets down to 21. But one bullet difference? This is all at mid-range (because ump has same dmg as RPD at close range, right?)?

Your chart seems to suggest the ACR would take 33% more bullets to kill; that is 4 becomes 5... that thing spits out bullets faster than a chav will snatch his doll money. And yet, how come the M4A1 feels like its much slower to fire each round compared to the ACR, yet it feels as if it kills just as quick?

You sure someobody with a lot of time on their hands didnt make this chart up for a joke?

Sounds impressive, 40%, but when you're talking 4 bullets comes down to 3 bullets, its really not much is it? It would mean a lot more if we were talking about reducing from 30 bullets down to 21. But one bullet difference? This is all at mid-range (because ump has same dmg as RPD at close range, right?)?

Your chart seems to suggest the ACR would take 33% more bullets to kill; that is 4 becomes 5... that thing spits out bullets faster than a chav will snatch his doll money. And yet, how come the M4A1 feels like its much slower to fire each round compared to the ACR, yet it feels as if it kills just as quick?

You sure someobody with a lot of time on their hands didnt make this chart up for a joke?
Ok, remove the "Percent" from your mind, I shouldn't have said that. I did cause it's based on damage, and people having 100 health.

Yes, the ACR spits out bullets faster but the damage is 30 without stopping power, that's 4 bullets up to 44 meters. Then it becomes 5 after that. Stopping power brings it down to 3 and 4 respectively. That's why so many use it, because it's practically no recoil and high rate of fire.

But in a close quarters situation, the ACR will get you killed pretty quickly with it's lack of power.

Not sure why you're comparing the UMP with RPD... RPD benefits from SP since LMG's rate of fire is so slow and the range doesn't affect damage. RPD is a 2 hit kill w/SP vs the 3 hit kill w/o SP. This makes a huge difference when you factor in ridiculous recoil/sway and slow rate of fire.

If you prefer the RPD without stopping power, then play that way. Don't let charts affect how you have fun. It's merely there for information and if you're analytical like me, you can find out what guns benefit the most from certain setups. But to be honest, I can't be doing all the math for you :)

Really appreciate the work that's gone into that.

And your descriptions D2U.

I currently use the famas on all but my run-and-gun set-up. The Holo-sight gives this better accuracy? Worth stopping power over hardline?

On my run-and-gun and set-up I use has the UMP with a red-dot, and perk2 being lightweight. Someone mentioned silencer on this is useful, do you agree? And there's no point using SP for close range right?

Finally, What does the x8 refer to for shotguns? Headshots? I'm assuming this just means one bit of buckshot needs to hit their head to down them at any sort of close range?

Which shotgun do you use (if you had to use one)? I see the spas is a better weapon at the upper ends of short-range. But in game the m1014 is shown to have a slightly better range, and also has a faster fire rate.

Last edited:

I currently use the famas on all but my run-and-gun set-up. The Holo-sight gives this better accuracy? Worth stopping power over hardline?

On my run-and-gun and set-up I use has the UMP with a red-dot, and perk2 being lightweight. Someone mentioned silencer on this is useful, do you agree? And there's no point using SP for close range right?

Finally, What does the x8 refer to for shotguns? Headshots? I'm assuming this just means one bit of buckshot needs to hit their head to down them at any sort of close range?

Which shotgun do you use (if you had to use one)? I see the spas is a better weapon at the upper ends of short-range. But in game the m1014 is shown to have a slightly better range, and also has a faster fire rate.
For me the UMP is unusable without a silencer, it has loads of recoil. Silenced, you can pick people off long range if you burst fire. My UMP Classes have marathon & lightweight, no stopping needed IMO :smashin:

Ooops, got that wrong, I use the UMP with a silencer. And then for my secondary weapon I have the PP2000 with a holo/rd. I find the pp2000 good for picking people off at distance due to a low recoil and high accuracy, even if the bullets lose all their speed.

Another question for D2U, any chance of an accuracy chart? :rolleyes: I'm assuming the in-game ratings are just as in-accurate for that?

Note: I didn't make that chart. So I can't stake claim to the hours put into it... and not sure I'd want to if I did, lol.

Famas + Holo sight (believed to give better accuracy although not proved like with the M16). Pick Stopping Power, that way you're nearly guaranteed a one burst kill, assuming all bullets hit, from any range.

RDS and Holo = waste of an attachment slot on any gun if you ask me. You're better off getting used to all guns iron sights so you have more options with attachments. UMP Silenced is my gun of preference. Never use Stopping Power with UMP since it's a 3 hit kill at all ranges (2 hit kill if you use stopping power within 16 meters... not worth IMO and wastes the perk slot. Lightweight is a good choice, or Cold-Blooded).

The x8 or x6 next to the shotguns is how many pellets per shot come out.

As far as the SPAS or M1014 it really comes down to preference. If you miss more often than hit, or find yourself in rooms full of more than 2 people, it may be useful to use the M1014. But for longer range, the SPAS is more deadly. I use the SPAS when I use a shotgun.

I have been using the M1014 which seems to have a reasonably long range, I though it had the most out of all of them but may be wrong...
Masterkey (or the shotgun attachment to AR's) have the longest range but the damage is negligable.

Ooops, got that wrong, I use the UMP with a silencer. And then for my secondary weapon I have the PP2000 with a holo/rd. I find the pp2000 good for picking people off at distance due to a low recoil and high accuracy, even if the bullets lose all their speed.

Another question for D2U, any chance of an accuracy chart? :rolleyes: I'm assuming the in-game ratings are just as in-accurate for that?
In game ratings are actually pretty accurate. What it doesn't tell you is the amount of recoil the guns have and that's what will kill you.

For instance, the LMG's can be pretty accurate (first bullet) but if you're holding down the trigger, they will be all over the place due to recoil. ACR has virtually no recoil and it's accuracy is ridiculously high so people often use this gun for long distances because they can hold the trigger and kill with little to no stray bullets.

Note: Any attachment to the AK47 will add sway (its the only assault rifle to gain sway from any attachment).

Oh yah, please don't use the PP2000 for long range! If you are going to use any secondary for long range, your best bet is the raffica. With SP its a one burst kill at any range. Although the aim assist range is very short, but most secondaries are.

Last edited:
In game ratings are actually pretty accurate. What it doesn't tell you is the amount of recoil the guns have and that's what will kill you..

Crikey you're like a CODPEDIA!

Can you tell me why the PP2000 absolutely merks everything in range?
I swear with SP it's a 2 hit kill

It's my fav gun in the game I use it more then anything, with extended mags it's beastly

Crikey you're like a CODPEDIA!

Can you tell me why the PP2000 absolutely merks everything in range?
I swear with SP it's a 2 hit kill

It's my fav gun in the game I use it more then anything, with extended mags it's beastly
lol.

The PP2000 is a 3 hit kill in max damage range (12 meters and less) so with stopping power it is 2 hits. 40 damage is the base with SP modifier of 1.4 bringing damage to 56.

It's a pretty sexy secondary for a sniper. Only problem is the rate of fire is so fast, if you're not careful you could easily expend all your ammo on one guy. That's why ExMags are a good choice on that secondary.

P.S. I killed 2 guys with 2 bullets last night with my Magnum while they were gunnin for me cause I was sniping them all game, lol. I still can't fully get the hang of "quickscoping"

Last edited:
lol.

The PP2000 is a 3 hit kill in max damage range (12 meters and less) so with stopping power it is 2 hits. 40 damage is the base with SP modifier of 1.4 bringing damage to 56.
"

Cheers, what's your brains IP address so I can tap into your knowledge 24/7 ?

LOL

anyway cheers for the info, so is the pp2000 the best machine pistol damage wise?

seems so although not tried glock18 akimbo yet

I've got **** aim so need guns with max damage, that's why I use the Tar 21 as my assault rifle as it drops fools quick sharp

Cheers, what's your brains IP address so I can tap into your knowledge 24/7 ?

LOL

anyway cheers for the info, so is the pp2000 the best machine pistol damage wise?

seems so although not tried glock18 akimbo yet

I've got **** aim so need guns with max damage, that's why I use the Tar 21 as my assault rifle as it drops fools quick sharp

lol.

PP2000 shares highest damage with the M93 Raffica (which is a 1 burst kill regardless of Stopping power in max damage range) and with Stopping power on, it is as deadly as the FAMAS/M16 at any range (although the aim assist is much much shorter) which is why it is also a great secondary for snipers (or anyone using last stand since it's the only machine pistol that can be used in Last Stand making it so much easier to "Pro" it up).

Akimbo G18's are beastly with steady aim. I won't use them because they are the new 1887's (since those got nerfed).

lol.

PP2000 shares highest damage with the M93 Raffica (which is a 1 burst kill regardless of Stopping power in max damage range) and with Stopping power on, it is as deadly as the FAMAS/M16 at any range (although the aim assist is much much shorter) which is why it is also a great secondary for snipers (or anyone using last stand since it's the only machine pistol that can be used in Last Stand making it so much easier to "Pro" it up).

Akimbo G18's are beastly with steady aim. I won't use them because they are the new 1887's (since those got nerfed).

The G18's are not good for accuracy tho.

The G18's are not good for accuracy tho.
Use them with Steady Aim. The crosshairs for a hipfire shot are like a foot at 10 meters. That's pretty damn good hipfire accuracy.

Use them with Steady Aim. The crosshairs for a hipfire shot are like a foot at 10 meters. That's pretty damn good hipfire accuracy.

Might try them out, but im too used to my SPAS 12 along with my M16. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom